Something different...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to envy how Loretta give a 'dreamlike value' but then again I read that the background actually CG-ed.

AngelZhou said:
I used to envy how Loretta give a 'dreamlike value' but then again I read that the background actually CG-ed.

It's not CG-ed actually. She either paints it or uses her photographs of landscapes and then works on it with her amazing painting background in photoshop. A fascinating read on her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2005/03/12/bflux12.xml

thanks for sharing dude, these are really different yet outstanding pictures...especially the first link, how is it possible to use only the cam to get this effect w/o the use of software manipulation?

Visceral_thoughts1154.jpg

student said:

user12343 said:
thanks for sharing dude, these are really different yet outstanding pictures...especially the first link, how is it possible to use only the cam to get this effect w/o the use of software manipulation?

Visceral_thoughts1154.jpg

try going through the articles posted in the website, they make for some interesting reading

be it the commercial portraiture works of Greg Norman and Dennis Keeley (who's site i chanced upon after seeing his portrait of Lou harrison and Bill Colvig), Loretta Lux's disquieting rendering of children, or the evocative, unconventional artistic creations of Connie Imboden, feel free to share your favorite links you feel are worth sharing with the community here.

(although i urge contributors to take up the invitation in the right spirit..no XXX hor :nono: )

given, viewing photo-gallery websites on computer screens aren't exactly the best way to appreciate pictures....but it does open up many doors of possibilities and explorations with a few simple clicks of the mouse button (or pad). some websites do provide really interesting insights into the works and philosophy of the photographer, besides having awesome images.
i know visiting websites alone don't do much, but by "seeing more, knowing more and so much more", hopefully we can all be inspired to do something that is just that little bit "something different".

here's another

http://www.remember-rwanda.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.