Some ques on FujiFilm S602z....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKF

Apr 23, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

Just bought my s602z .... very impress with the pic quality but there are some ques.

I've got some 55mm filters, is it better to buy 55-55mm adapter or 55-52mm adapter ??

55mm or 52mm filters cheaper ??

I've took pics with 6mp fine. But when I printed out with out editing , the picture is bigger than A4 size thus it got trimmed.
What is the size that I should reszie to get it printed out at high quality yet can filled up the whole A4 .. ?

I'm thinking of getter external flash, heard that vivtar 285 HV is very good but at a price of $145 but there's also other flash brands at $70.
Are there any difference between these 2 price range flash other than power of the flash ??

Is there a lot difference when photos are taken with wide angle ???

Thanks a lot.

Hope to have some replies soon ... :)

Regards
Guohui

Originally posted by GKF
Hi all,

Just bought my s602z .... very impress with the pic quality but there are some ques.

I've got some 55mm filters, is it better to buy 55-55mm adapter or 55-52mm adapter ??

55mm or 52mm filters cheaper ??

I've took pics with 6mp fine. But when I printed out with out editing , the picture is bigger than A4 size thus it got trimmed.
What is the size that I should reszie to get it printed out at high quality yet can filled up the whole A4 .. ?
Thanks a lot.

Hope to have some replies soon ... :)

Regards
Guohui

Hi GKF, already sent you PM.

Comment to some of your queries.
1. I've got some 55mm filters, is it better to buy 55-55mm adapter or 55-52mm adapter ??

- seems like u'r lost somewhere... of course 55mm filters can only fit in to a 55mm connector ring likewise to a 52mm thread size.
take note that the size of your camera thread is 55mm.

2. 55mm or 52mm filters cheaper ??
- no, they are the same price.

3. I've took pics with 6mp fine. But when I printed out with out editing , the picture is bigger than A4 size thus it got trimmed.

- bear this in mind, interpolating to 6mp is about a size of printing A2 or A3... y don't you resize it to 1024X768 or 800X600.

'hOpe the above helps.

Originally posted by Doods

3. I've took pics with 6mp fine. But when I printed out with out editing , the picture is bigger than A4 size thus it got trimmed.

- bear this in mind, interpolating to 6mp is about a size of printing A2 or A3... y don't you resize it to 1024X768 or 800X600.

No no no!!! Increase the DPI setting or use another program that will fit an image to the proper paper size automatically. You shouldn't be reducing the resolution to print smaller!

The image file is just like a negative. With the negative, you can print 3R, 4R, or even 12R. It's the same for an image file.

Originally posted by mpenza

No no no!!! Increase the DPI setting or use another program that will fit an image to the proper paper size automatically. You shouldn't be reducing the resolution to print smaller!

The image file is just like a negative. With the negative, you can print 3R, 4R, or even 12R. It's the same for an image file.

thanks mpenza for the correction...it's true i did try using other software and it works without resizing the pic.
:thumbsup:

Pls oso take note that conventioal DC like the 602, the pictures are taken in a 4:3 ratio unlike those film camera which is in a 3:2 ratio.

Originally posted by Doods

thanks mpenza for the correction...it's true i did try using other software and it works without resizing the pic.
:thumbsup:

Erm, what does "other software" refer to? Is there a specific one?

Kindly enlighten. :)

what about his flash questions ? i'm interested in learning that aspects too... which model is suitable to get ?

Originally posted by GKF
I'm thinking of getter external flash, heard that vivtar 285 HV is very good but at a price of $145 but there's also other flash brands at $70.
Are there any difference between these 2 price range flash other than power of the flash ??

ok let me try this one. Actually this topic has been discussed to great details in previous threads already, a search would flip them all up.

If you think you need power, vivitar 285hv is pretty good. It has a GN of 120ft (ISO100), about 37m. Meaning, using ISO100 and an aperture of say 4, the flash range is about 9m. Get the $70 flashes and you won't get this kind of flash range, and flash range is pretty important, you won't know when you need to throw that light far.

But I find mounting the 285hv on the s602z to cause the whole setup to be imbalanced. 285hv is heavy and tall, and it looks larger than the s602z itself. For an alternative you may want to look at the metz 32z-1. This baby can swivel and tilt, and has a slightly lower GN and is a bit more expensive. But it is smaller, lighter, and better balanced.

cheaper flashes may not give you the bounce/tilt features, but the price discrepancy is usualy because of the flash power, or GN.

Status
Not open for further replies.