Some help for a new FZ5 wannabe buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bfrost said:
Hey.. I've seen some FZ-5 photos, but I think I'm unable to get S2 IS shots.. But I'd admit... it is quite noisy especially taken at night (high ISO)...

Sorry, when you say "quite noisy", do you mean the FZ5?

watchthewaves said:
Sorry, when you say "quite noisy", do you mean the FZ5?

from what he said, i think he meant the Fz5. In my case, i do amit, iso 400 is insane, but is not a really an option for night. if you do not want the noise compromise, you can always try using a longer shutter speed, flash, or maybe external flash(i havent found any way of using ext flash with fz5 though, any hints?).

it is probably a disadvantage to all compact cameras ar. where got compact camera give you no noise in night mode one...(if im wrong let me know)

metallilan said:
from what he said, i think he meant the Fz5. In my case, i do amit, iso 400 is insane, but is not a really an option for night. if you do not want the noise compromise, you can always try using a longer shutter speed, flash, or maybe external flash(i havent found any way of using ext flash with fz5 though, any hints?).

read the faq.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=124710

you're looking for a slave flash with a mounting bracket.

metallilan said:
i read the faq already. but the fz5 doesnt even have a mounting bracket, how do i mount a slave flash?

You can try either CP or MS, they do have slave flash hotshoe which comes with L-bracket.

JimDavis said:
You can try either CP or MS, they do have slave flash hotshoe which comes with L-bracket.

thanks man. :) :thumbsup:

metallilan said:
i read the faq already. but the fz5 doesnt even have a mounting bracket, how do i mount a slave flash?

the emoblitz 328 package comes with one. do a search and you'll get what you need. :)

schon said:
the emoblitz 328 package comes with one. do a search and you'll get what you need. :)

alright. thanks you guys! :)

metallilan said:

it is probably a disadvantage to all compact cameras ar. where got compact camera give you no noise in night mode one...(if im wrong let me know)

there's a noise reduction software to reduce noise.
not sure if it get rid of a bit details but you can try giving it a go though.
Neat Image or Noise Ninja.

Simon_84 said:
there's a noise reduction software to reduce noise.
not sure if it get rid of a bit details but you can try giving it a go though.
Neat Image or Noise Ninja.

yes i do know of those software. but its still better if the image was taken with less noticeable noise than having to post process it :)

metallilan said:
yes i do know of those software. but its still better if the image was taken with less noticeable noise than having to post process it :)

there's a camera from fuji S9500 whose CCD that handles noise well at high iso but you would have to carry tripod most of the time due to lack of IS but anyway i find the OIS doesn't help much except help reduce 80% of total shots from blurring.
actually taking photos at night is hard to get details especially the noise that comes with it at iso 400 so if the noise reduction software can get rid of the noise,i guess i'll be happy enough.

post process may be troublesome but is the only way if you can get results from the camera besides even those with dslr also do post process.

yep.. sorry i didn't make myself clear. but i guess other than fuji's cameras, most of other P&S cameras don't handle noise well at ISO 400...

i would think post processing would be a norm... but it doesnt matter... i think i'll be taking day shots most of the time anyway.. :D

Huggable has an OMAX straight bracket with hotshoe, PM me if you're interested to get.

JimDavis said:

Hi huggable, maybe im askin too much of u, but is is possible to show some pics of the FZ5 with bracket and slave? erm if got price lagi better! tytytyty!

i finally managed to get my emoblitz flash today. "whew~"

here's a quick pic.

Note: the handgrip is 3rd party...not part of package. manage to get 4T also! ;)

Huggable has 3 brackets in all, which one you'd like to see? :bsmilie:

StanGetz said:
Hi huggable, maybe im askin too much of u, but is is possible to show some pics of the FZ5 with bracket and slave? erm if got price lagi better! tytytyty!

Not sure if you noticed, but having the flash on the side can cause uneven exposure, especially taking portraits when the subject is about 3m away.

metallilan said:

here's a quick pic.

Note: the handgrip is 3rd party...not part of package. manage to get 4T also! ;)

huggable said:
Not sure if you noticed, but having the flash on the side can cause uneven exposure, especially taking portraits when the subject is about 3m away.

yeah i guess so. went to take it for alittle test and realised that... :confused:

metallilan said:

here's a quick pic.

why so blur??? :bigeyes: practice practice!

SkyCheong said:
why so blur??? :bigeyes: practice practice!

paiseh ar... got back home from fixing coms & photo practice..so tired leh... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.