So what happend to DennisLee thread???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla Invades

Dec 14, 2003
Toa Payoh
Visit site
So what happend to DennisLee thread in Portrait and Poses? :what:

Dennis, care to step out and comment? Hope no one request you to delete it....... :sweat:

After all those comments and advice given to you were good help to other newbies too. Hiya......

Aiya looks like the thread is really close. Someone must be malu to show his instuctor's lighting setup........DennisLee thread serve well for newbies who wants to learn and go for photoshoot. It should not be deleted just like that since DennisLee himself is a newbie.

Aiya how to learn? Want to teach but shy to show the mistakes? Is this how you actually learn photography? :sweat:

Of course he has the right to close the thread but looks like after someone really exprience commented.......

Sad....... :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

I myself also shot in studio but still making mistakes, nobody's perfect right at the first try. Even until now I still make simple mistakes. :)

ya man... it would a good learning experience, although Dennis might feel abit offended or something like that, but it serves as a guidance for those newbies to learn what can be improved or what can one achieve out of the thread.

Perhaps we were little too harsh, Dennis? :lovegrin:

:blah: :blah: :blah:

maybe he deleted the thread by mistake lah!
dun give wrong accusation first

let dennis speak for himself...

well... forum serves its purpose of learning and sharing.. so i hope to see more beautiful photos by newbies... :)

lOrBeRt said:
ya man... it would a good learning experience, although Dennis might feel abit offended or something like that, but it serves as a guidance for those newbies to learn what can be improved or what can one achieve out of the thread.

Perhaps we were little too harsh, Dennis? :lovegrin:

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Hey I think it's not Dennis who wants close the thread. I am absolutely sure he wants to learn as he is really a newbie. I really do not find any of our words were harsh on him. I think there is a little more story than that.

If someone makes a mistake, they should not erase and hide away. Should be bold enough to face it. Run like a chicken and hide in the barn will not serve you well. And if this is his first try, lagi cannot erase or else bad habits will start.

What do you think LORBERT?

Dennis where are you?

Godzilla Invades said:
Hey I think it's not Dennis who wants close the thread. I am absolutely sure he wants to learn as he is really a newbie. I really do not find any of our words were harsh on him. I think there is a little more story than that.

If someone makes a mistake, they should not erase and hide away. Should be bold enough to face it. Run like a chicken and hide in the barn will not serve you well. And if this is his first try, lagi cannot erase or else bad habits will start.

Dennis where are you?
u r scaring dennis away arent u? LOL
like a loan shark chasing for money but instead u r chasing for reasons and ans... LOL

pple have :bigeyes: to see...

RuthBaby said:
u r scaring dennis away arent u? LOL
like a loan shark chasing for money but instead u r chasing for reasons and ans... LOL

pple have :bigeyes: to see...

Yah me loan shark.......chasing after Dennis $$$$$...... :bsmilie:

Sorry hah Dennis if I/we scare you away but we really hope we can help you out loh........ :D

He is around CS at the moment asking for some ideas from I AM SAINT thread in Portrait and Poses. Looks like he really wants to learn more about shooting people I guess. Well Dennis, I AM SAINT is a good photographer in shooting people too. Me upzzzz for him..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Godzilla Invades said:
Yah me loan shark.......chasing after Dennis $$$$$...... :bsmilie:

Sorry hah Dennis if I/we scare you away but we really hope we can help you out loh........ :D

He is around CS at the moment asking for some ideas from I AM SAINT thread in Portrait and Poses. Looks like he really wants to learn more about shooting people I guess. Well Dennis, I AM SAINT is a good photographer in shooting people too. Me upzzzz for him..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
yeah! iamasaint is good!! cos.. we from the same pri and sec school
wahahahahaha

maybe fairfield has a flair for good photographers :bsmilie:

RuthBaby said:
yeah! iamasaint is good!! cos.. we from the same pri and sec school
wahahahahaha

maybe fairfield has a flair for good photographers :bsmilie:

yeah maybe true huh......fairfield has really some flair. Me not from there lei.... :cry:

I think we should stop further postings on Dennis Lee's thread. It is getting nowhere now and has taken a turn which, in my view, serves no purpose. What do you think, moderators?

Godzilla Invades said:

Dennis where are you?

well said... i would think u learn faster from pple's critiques (good ones that is), far better than reading books or listening to just praises without knowing what's so good abt the shots... althought this is a hard way and very hard to swallow pple's criticisms but what the heck, we are all here to learn and be a better photographer! :)

If closing my thread will serve a purpose, the mods decides themselves. Trying to cover someone else mistake will serve no purpose in the end.

Anyway this is Kopitiam thread, we can discuss just about any topic. I am just curious why DennisLee did close his thread as his thread was really a good place to learn mistakes. This give some good pointers to other newbies who roam around CS.

Thank you.....

Godzilla Invades said:
If closing my thread will serve a purpose, the mods decides themselves. Trying to cover someone else mistake will serve no purpose in the end.

Anyway this is Kopitiam thread, we can discuss just about any topic. I am just curious why DennisLee did close his thread as his thread was really a good place to learn mistakes. This give some good pointers to other newbies who roam around CS.

Thank you.....

Ya man... precisely... if even in Kopitiam, we cannot voice whatever we felt odd about, might as well close this Kopitiam then :blah: cosh most of the time pple discuss things that "getting nowhere now and has taken a turn which, in my view, serves no purpose"

lOrBeRt said:
Ya man... precisely... if even in Kopitiam, we cannot voice whatever we felt odd about, might as well close this Kopitiam then :blah: cosh most of the time pple discuss things that "getting nowhere now and has taken a turn which, in my view, serves no purpose"
While I agree with you that anything can be posted in Kopitiam, lines have to be drawn when you are discussing another member in such an open and arguably offensive tone which makes it uncomfortable for said member.

Thread deletions can be done by the thread poster or by the thread poster requesting a moderator to delete on his behalf and the thread poster does not owe anyone any explanation for the deletion.

Hope that we can stop speculating on why or who deleted the thread and get back to normal discussion ... well, normal in the context of Kopitiam anyway.

Thread is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.