[SnapSnap] - A photo or two a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice colour for your waterdrops shot! :thumbsup: But, I find the DOF a bit too shallow ... personal preference, I guess :)

Congrats!! :)

Water drops shot is very nice, but agree that DOF is too shallow, or perhaps the focus should be on the front drops instead. :)

Hi wiz23 and philliptan, I think I understand what you mean... after reviewing... Thanks!

I'm going to post tomorrow photo a little earlier coz I will not have the time to do it tomorrow... So, here's tomorrow photo of tonight's "night"... :bsmilie:
Night.jpg

Actually the photo does not do justice to the scene... I have only my lousy skill to blame... Any "shifu" out there tell me what can be done to improve this? TIA!!

Nice scene! :thumbsup:

The noise level seems pretty high, and the moon a tad over. What camera are u using? Can u control the ISO?

SnapSnap said:
I'm going to post tomorrow photo a little earlier coz I will not have the time to do it tomorrow... So, here's tomorrow photo of tonight's "night"... :bsmilie:
Night.jpg

Actually the photo does not do justice to the scene... I have only my lousy skill to blame... Any "shifu" out there tell me what can be done to improve this? TIA!!

interesting colours....looks x-processed :)

wiz23 said:
Nice scene! :thumbsup:

The noise level seems pretty high, and the moon a tad over. What camera are u using? Can u control the ISO?
I'm using A80. Using ISO400 for this shot. That's why it is noisy.

zaren said:
interesting colours....looks x-processed :)
I adjusted the hue a bit... Now it only has red, green and blue...

Quite noisy hor for ISO400. I guess it can't be helped then, this is a limitation of the camera. Alternatively, u can try low ISO with longer shutter speed and see how's the result :dunno:

wiz23 said:
Quite noisy hor for ISO400. I guess it can't be helped then, this is a limitation of the camera. Alternatively, u can try low ISO with longer shutter speed and see how's the result :dunno:
True... ISO 400, f2.8, already 0.5sec... I tried using lower ISO but was not able to hold still for so long... :cry:
Time to BBB? :confused: :bsmilie:

SnapSnap said:
True... ISO 400, f2.8, already 0.5sec... I tried using lower ISO but was not able to hold still for so long... :cry:
Time to BBB? :confused: :bsmilie:
I think u shld BBB a tripod first :bsmilie:

Quite noisy hor for ISO400. I guess it can't be helped then, this is a limitation of the camera. Alternatively, u can try low ISO with longer shutter speed and see how's the result
it's really quite noisy for ISO400...
and think u should get a tripod first before getting a new 'baby':bsmilie:

wiz23 and choo, ya... ISO400 is not really usable when it is in colour... b&w should be quite ok... oh, btw, I have a tripod, just that I did not have it with me at that time... maybe I should start bringing it with me everywhere I go...:sweat:

14 Jan 2006
I had a whole bunch of friends over at my place this morning... so I made some banana and walnut muffins... they were yummy... :)
muffins.jpg

wow...they look delicious! ;p

can i ask? is the greenish tone a result of some actual lighting or is it some effects of the camera?

pop said:
can i ask? is the greenish tone a result of some actual lighting or is it some effects of the camera?
Greenish tone for the 13 Jan or 14 Jan photo? If it is 13 Jan... I adjusted the hue... That is why the colour looks weird. If it is 14 Jan... then it would be actual lighting... :sweat:

SnapSnap said:
Wah! so many muffin lovers out there ah! next time I'll make more. ;)

yep, when we have a PAD gathering, you can bring the muffins along. ;p

zaren said:
yep, when we have a PAD gathering, you can bring the muffins along. ;p
Haha...:bsmilie:
snapsnap...better prepare a few big pack of ingredients first...;p

Status
Not open for further replies.