SMTP doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfhuang

Jan 21, 2002
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
I have followed all the instructions here to set the outgoing SMTP server in my Mozilla email client, but SMTP just doesn't work. (The same settings however work with POP, so I have no problems reading mail from mail.clubsnap.org, and it also means my password is correct).

Pls advise ... thanks.
sfhuang

sfhuang said:
I have followed all the instructions here to set the outgoing SMTP server in my Mozilla email client, but SMTP just doesn't work. (The same settings however work with POP, so I have no problems reading mail from mail.clubsnap.org, and it also means my password is correct).

Pls advise ... thanks.
sfhuang

What is the Error Message?

What is the setting you use for your SMTP ?

ClubSNAP Email POP: mail.clubsnap.org
CluBSNAP Email SMTP: mail.clubsnap.org

Simon said:
What is the Error Message?

What is the setting you use for your SMTP ?

ClubSNAP Email POP: mail.clubsnap.org
CluBSNAP Email SMTP: mail.clubsnap.org

Settings I am using:
SMTP server: mail.clubsnap.org
port: 25
*use authentication
username: sfhuang@clubsnap.org
password: **********

Here's the gory technical details of the error I encountered. I did a sniff of my own machine's network traffic and I noticed that mail.clubsnap.org did complete the handshake with my client (ehlo, auth etc) up to the point where my MD5 password hash was sent over ... then mail.clubsnap.org returned an "out of memory" error and the session was terminated.

thanks simon.
sfhuang

sfhuang said:
Settings I am using:
SMTP server: mail.clubsnap.org
port: 25
*use authentication
username: sfhuang@clubsnap.org
password: **********

Here's the gory technical details of the error I encountered. I did a sniff of my own machine's network traffic and I noticed that mail.clubsnap.org did complete the handshake with my client (ehlo, auth etc) up to the point where my MD5 password hash was sent over ... then mail.clubsnap.org returned an "out of memory" error and the session was terminated.

thanks simon.
sfhuang
Hmm.. could you help to do some tests for me pls? Can you try to setup your account in Outlook Express and see if you encounter the same problems?

Edmund said:
Hmm.. could you help to do some tests for me pls? Can you try to setup your account in Outlook Express and see if you encounter the same problems?

Hey! it works 100% in Outlook Express.

This is strange indeed ... do any Mozilla users out here face the same problem? :think:

Hmm anyway I am going to use my OE e-mail client with the clubsnap account from now on. Meanwhile, I will try to find out the reason for my Mozilla email client's odd behavior, and post it here when I manage to do so.

Thanks Edmund and Simon - your help is much appreciated.
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.