Small tripod to strip below Micro Trekker 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIR

Jan 3, 2005
Hi,

I am planning to get the Lowepro Micro Trekker 200, a small/light tripod is better then no tripod so what model do you recommend to get to be strip under the MC200?

I already have a good standard tripod so I am really looking for a light/small bring everywhere version occasionally light walking.

Any recommendation?

FIR

Hi Fir, you might like to check out the Slik sprint pro or sprint pro mini. I personally use a pro mini whenever I travel. Built quality of the two are identical, just that the pro mini is shorter, thus more sturdy. Hope this helps. Bought my pro mini at $75. Current prices might be 10% to 20% more.

i remember Gitzo has the smallest/lightest tripod..
but it cost 300+ and very steady for its weight..

Aiyo, $300 I don't have that much to spend... $100+ below likely.

how heavy is your gear?

i have 4 tripods actually.. my lightest one is a nat-geog-manfrotto one which is very small and light but cannot support too heavy weights

Which camera are you using? I won't reccomend any of the light ones as they are liable to fall over in use with the common DSLRs... so I think you may be better off with a monopod istead for that bag.

I am using K10D, with SR I guess it is as good as a monopod since the spec says it is about 3-4 stops below focus length rule (mono give extra 2-3 working speed). I don't have heavy tele-zoom so mainly using standard or wide zoom which I think a steady mini tripod supporting 1.5-2kg will be fine.

I am using K10D, with SR I guess it is as good as a monopod since the spec says it is about 3-4 stops below focus length rule (mono give extra 2-3 working speed). I don't have heavy tele-zoom so mainly using standard or wide zoom which I think a steady mini tripod supporting 1.5-2kg will be fine.

Hi FIR, based on your eqpmt listed above especially(as in 'Magenta')might wanna try/chk it out on SLIK=>Sprint-Pro as it stated under 2kg but pls note that it's also stated eg. long lenses may not :bigeyes:balance well due to its weight distribution-in the instructions leaflet included.

Btw, I've been using both SLIK=> Sprint-Pro:thumbsup:(but wouldn't try on my 5D+Ls:sweat:) and Sprint-Mini:thumbsup:can put inside small backpack or bags=>(yes, for PnS) but would not:bigeyes: recommend the 'Mini' based on your listed eqpmt above plus 'wind' factor(when outdoor use).

Status
Not open for further replies.