SketchUp (Google)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebrus

Mar 18, 2006
Sembawang Road, Singapore
Anyone of you using SketchUp? I jsut downloaded it today, it is quite fun. Modelled the kitchen that my parents are renovating, so much better then looking at 2D plans. You can get it from here. Really impressive, for free software. :thumbsup:

me... hehe... i normally draw from sketchup then port to autocad for printing, cos sketchup printing sucks, and autocad hard to draw... and till today, i dunno y i bought turbocad as well... which is damn hard to use...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
me... hehe... i normally draw from sketchup then port to autocad for printing, cos sketchup printing sucks, and autocad hard to draw... and till today, i dunno y i bought turbocad as well... which is damn hard to use...

.... :sweat:

hehe
i can use Maya
much better than sketchup
but lot more complicated

htthach said:
hehe
i can use Maya
but lot more complicated

ya... Maya draw better sphere than sketchup, but sketchup's learning curve is shorter with its drag stretch capability, which really make 3D sketching damn easy & fast, even those who have not use before any CAD software can use, and the add-ons are free to download over the net, like a few must get is spiral, auto generate views and port to pdf etc...

htthach said:
hehe
i can use Maya
but lot more complicated

Yeah, I have the student ed of Maya. Its learning curve is really steep. Sketchup on the other hand is much easier to use, especially if you just want to do something simple.

Ehhh...

No one told google this is not the right direction towards world domination?
Google Earth was a great move towards that though...

Status
Not open for further replies.