Single and staying with your parent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny said:
Yeah! I agree wif most of ppl here! Parents r the 1 who brought us up! When we were babies, they took care of us w/o any complains. No matter how troublesome we r! Parents r the ones who will always stand by us loh! Their giving is really boundless loh.

When I moved out n hav my own pl, I really start to appreciate my Mum n my Dad! They r always so understanding! I kind of miss them oso. So I will always try to visit them or make phone calls back hm.

B4 I move out, I often get into argument wif my mum. Often had this thought, "If I dun be staying wif them, there will be less argument n I dun be so unhappy abt it!" But after I move out is different liao! Living together tend to have argument n displeasures. Have to give n take loh! We oso hav to appreciate ur partners' mums n dads. Is their parents who brought them up! Jia he wan shi xing! Wan anything to be successful irregardless of career n etc oso start fr within..... is fr hm.

Asian r always veri reserve in displaying their emotion. I wll feel awkward, like hugging them or saying I luv u, mum or Dad! Hope one day I will have the courage to do tat! Heehehee.....:p

JUST DO IT..:lovegrin:

ghost77 said:
I am sure someone going to kok my head on this when I decided to send this message across. I know where I stand and I know the things that I am doing.
Where the subject of parents comes up, its only natural.

I can only understand why ppl would love to give u a kok on the head where this topic comes up.

We all heard (and possibly seen & experienced) real-life examples where ppl, grown up, living with their parents (single or married) cast their own parents out cos of things like 'bad/dirty habits', 'wife say so' and things like dat.

I'm not sure what religion u believe in, but I'm sure most ppl here (regardless of religion) heard and know of the word 'Karma'.

soma said:
Harlow.. need to kok you head liao..
Remember when you young and keep screaming at night for nothing, it's your parents the one attending to you.
You must give them your hand the same way they did for you when you give your first step, you must not feel sad, angry or impotent for seeing them near you, try to understand them and help them as they did it when you started living.
Be glad you still have your parents near you.:thumbsup:

y not u say...

Remember when you young and your dad was smoking & blow smoke on your face, and your sweet innocent face smiling & playing with the misty air... ;p

btw y must feel impotent ar?

for all i know... he gets blast, but in actual fact, if really is you in his shoes, den u would react like him... like i cannot tahan my brother who smoke... cos i dun, and he gets drunk, i dun like, there was once he got so drunk and vomit all over, i wanted to throw him into the swimming pool, den my parents stop me...

its u who are born with them... lppl must be with them, but sometimes u just couldn't stand the things they do... u leave them alone, then u have this prick in your conscience, if u stay there, den u everyday gets pissed... so frustrating...

jsbn said:
Where the subject of parents comes up, its only natural.

I can only understand why ppl would love to give u a kok on the head where this topic comes up.

We all heard (and possibly seen & experienced) real-life examples where ppl, grown up, living with their parents (single or married) cast their own parents out cos of things like 'bad/dirty habits', 'wife say so' and things like dat.

I'm not sure what religion u believe in, but I'm sure most ppl here (regardless of religion) heard and know of the word 'Karma'.

wat is karma:embrass:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
y not u say...

Remember when you young and your dad was smoking & blow smoke on your face, and your sweet innocent face smiling & playing with the misty air... ;p

btw y must feel impotent ar?

for all i know... he gets blast, but in actual fact, if really is you in his shoes, den u would react like him... like i cannot tahan my brother who smoke... cos i dun, and he gets drunk, i dun like, there was once he got so drunk and vomit all over, i wanted to throw him into the swimming pool, den my parents stop me...

its u who are born with them... lppl must be with them, but sometimes u just couldn't stand the things they do... u leave them alone, then u have this prick in your conscience, if u stay there, den u everyday gets pissed... so frustrating...

Oi.. he asking for suggestion and advise not your lecture.. :flame:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
y not u say...

hahahahahaha.........my dad did not do that but my grandfather did just that and i took my first puff when i am maybe 5 year old...hahahaha..... and my uncle pour me hard liquour on that night and i go home vomitted...hahahaha.... :bsmilie:

Parents and brother different mah. I also alway fight with my brother but now he stay oversea and i kind of miss him. We help each other now when any problem arise.:thumbsup:

ghost77 said:
Maybe you can share your experience with me. Do your parents staying with you? Do you do all these housework all the time?
Well, I'm single, staying with my parents and no, I dun stay alone with them.

So I can't relate my experiences.

talking loudly is normal for old folks, talking loudly back to them is only normal, but you should check to maintain your cool. As for smoking, outside or a designated aera when ventilation is best. Old folks like to keep junk, mine love to keep them too. Cleaning up the mess is hard work when you do once a year, try to do them every 4 months, you will find it easier.

soma said:
JUST DO IT..:lovegrin:

Just do it veri easy to say hor! :sticktong One day I hope to have the courage to try to do tat!:p

OT a little.

Just my observations, I think with modern western influences, we seem to have diverted from the traditional respect for one's parents values. We have forgotten the very fact that our parents worked to support us and gave us what we have today. When we were young and not able to support ourselves, we were essentially parasites sucking and leeching them. How many here have asked for "loans" and never really returned them. How our parents have put up with our nonsense during our teenage years and tolerated and stood by us when we were bullied in school or had that first fall.

Now its that old fogey is old, he or she does things that irritate the hell out of me.... I can't stand this and I can't stand that.... And how long have you been tolerating? certaintely not as long as they have tolerated you.

But however this is not an isolated case. I had a ex colleague who when I talked to about respect for parents and how they gave me my education. The retort was "Don't be stupid, you owe them nothing because they willingly supported you and you didnt force them to! Now you are old enough, grow up. Its time to live your own life and dump them old folks to their own devices" Needless to say I was really really shocked and not surprised when later he had a law suit against his parents for harressment.....

Funny said:
Just do it veri easy to say hor! :sticktong One day I hope to have the courage to try to do tat!:p

CNY coming mah.. just go to her and give her a big hug than pass the hao bao lor.. if you need to pratice can get MM to try out first lor.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jhansolo said:
talking loudly is normal for old folks, talking loudly back to them is only normal, but you should check to maintain your cool. As for smoking, outside or a designated aera when ventilation is best. Old folks like to keep junk, mine love to keep them too. Cleaning up the mess is hard work when you do once a year, try to do them every 4 months, you will find it easier.

That's what I am doing now. I mopped my floor every weekend and clean the whole house once a month. Well, most of the time I work OT and return home very late. I worked over the weekend as well if I need to. My basic pay is not that high. :embrass:

ghost77 said:
That's what I am intending to do. Well, most of the time I work OT and return home very late. I worked over the weekend as well if I need to. My basic pay is not that high. :embrass:

So ke lian.. :cry:
get a vietnam wife? :embrass:

Read: W.I.F.E. not a maid.

U dun get ya wife to do ya chores for u.

Walking the rocky path full of cutting stones that cut ur feet is not going to be for eternity my friend.

soma said:
CNY coming mah.. just go to her and give her a big hug than pass the hao bao lor.. if you need to pratice can get MM to try out first lor.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yah! Tats Ang Bao idea is nt bad! MM to practice????? :kok: :kok: :kok:

Funny said:
Yah! Tats Ang Bao idea is nt bad! MM to practice????? :kok: :kok: :kok:

hahahahaha.....He sure agree one.:lovegrin: No doubt..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.