Singh-Ray Variable ND with polariser? (Vari n Duo)

ColdFreak

Jun 26, 2012
Singapore
Hi guys, I wanted to take videos and was thinking of getting a variable ND filter to adjust exposure levels, however, I also realise that I would need to use a polariser sometimes to cut out reflections from windows etc. Therefore, would it be a good idea to get 2 seperate filters and stack them? (screw one onto the other in front of the lens, regardless of vignetting issue.

I have read reviews online that stacking a variable ND and a polariser will result in some weird effects, although i did not see any physical pictures of what will actually happen.

Furthermore, I chanced upon this particular filter online, Singh-Ray Varia-n-Duo filter. According to the web description, the website claimed that it features a variable ND with a "warming polariser".

I was rather puzzled about what this meant. The below are my own interpretations:

1. Does this meant that the filter has BOTH variable ND and circular polariser effects? (i.e cutting out light and also removing reflections off surface?)

2. Or the filter is a combination of a variable ND with another totally different type of filter known as a "warming polariser"?

I was wondering did anyone here on CS has used this particular filter before? Or come across it through a friend etc. If so, would you think that it is worth it?

Would greatly apprecaite if someone can enlighthen me on this issue. Thanks a lot!