Singaporeans slammed for being rude in Australian newspaper!

IMO - i think he is disgracing himself totally, yet proudly announcing his name to the open public, so silly of him.
Kind of pity him i think he experienced the worst here in SG while others might be enjoying the best. ... He must be traumatized! :bsmilie:

Paul Stapleton sounds like he has a lot of resentment; One who couldn't communicate effectively in daily life and yet makes everybody looks like a sinner. He should leave for good. :sticktong

and try taking a lift with your baby in the pram, you will see youths and some adults that come later and squeeze into the lift before you can navigate your pram.

btw I do agree with the writer.

And the ah-pek smokes inside the lift although he sees no smoking sticker ...;(
Anyway bad people exists everywhere and not only in Singapore.

The paper is rather dumb to publish this...moreover, who is obviously rude?

"An IT manager from Sydney who is based in Singapore, Paul Stapleton, is quoted in the article saying, “They (Singaporeans) are the rudest f***ing ....."
He sounds like a loser who can't get hitched on gals here...:dunno:

What the F**K is this! Ok, I am rude, but I don't have the honour to represent the whole of Singapore. ;p

Last edited:
The paper is rather damn to publish this...moreover, who is obviously rude?

"An IT manager from Sydney who is based in Singapore, Paul Stapleton, is quoted in the article saying, “They (Singaporeans) are the rudest f***ing ....."

What the F**K is this! Ok, I am rude, but I don't have the honour to represent the whole of Singapore. ;p

You mean dumb or damn?

Nah i think u dont have the honour coz it had been given to the person that Mr Paul Stapler met ... when he is in singapore.

The paper is rather damn to publish this...moreover, who is obviously rude?

I am wondering, who in his right frame of mind would include such offensive words in a publicaton? And the editor allows this to be published?

They really have very High Standard & a Civic Mind:thumbsup:.

the moment you indicate you will see the car accelerate faster instead of giving way. :bsmilie:

hahaha... how true... it's like these people will die if they lose a place on the road to someone else.

While I agree we are not the most gracious of people in the world, I think every country has it's own culture and taste. For me, a foreigner should just get used to living in the country he's in; a case of when in Rome, do as the Romans. When you compare us to HK, we are actually not that bad off, but when you compare us to Indonesian, I find that they are too polite (and also too slloooooooowwwwww). Japan has it's own culture - a polite society in a hectic world yet if some MRT staff is going to shove my ass into a 140% packed MRT... :rolleyes:

There is no good or bad; just differences in cultures. Damn, I should go to a hotdog stand today. Make me one with everything!

I am wondering, who in his right frame of mind would include such offensive words in a publicaton? And the editor allows this to be published?

They really have very High Standard & a Civic Mind:thumbsup:.

Deprived of attention maybe?

Some people would print anything just to sell a bloody paper.....

You mean dumb or damn?

Nah i think u dont have the honour coz it had been given to the person that Mr Paul Stapler met ... when he is in singapore.

another Typo...

tt guy is exaggerating...or he lives his life back in a laid back farm, watch goats/horses graze on green that he seldom interacts with people...there are all kinds of people everywhere...

or probably, he is always thrown back with rudeness as he's always starting it himself;p

Still ahead of Korea and Malaysia... :cheergal:
I wonder how they came up with the survey.

Hurhurhur....New Yorkers came up top in the survey. Must be a different New York.
I wonder in what context the poll is surveyed with, Taiwanese are extremely friendly to tourists but they also hurled chairs and throw punches while shouting in the most beautiful Hokkien vulgarities phrases in parliament.

I wonder in what context the poll is surveyed with, Taiwanese are extremely friendly to tourists but they also hurled chairs and throw punches while shouting in the most beautiful Hokkien vulgarities phrases in parliament.

In the context of their own western well I guess. Notice no asian cities in the 1st list?

'The problem is the sole concern of most Singaporeans is money and economic well-being"

on the whole, i think the above statement is true. but i think it is because we have no choice. the standard of living in SG has been on rise lately. things are getting expensive by the year... especially on housing and medical needs. although we have savings in the form of CPF and Medisave, it may not be enough.

"The only reason the churches here are packed to the rafters is because people attend in order to network."

ok... this i don't know how much truth there are to the above statement. anybody care to rebutt this?

i don't really see what "being concerned with money and economic wellbeing" or whether people "attend (churches) in order to network" has to do with politeness.

Let us not be ego and look at our society at large.

Granted in every country there will be the extremity. But that said, having being branded as a first world country by our own Government, has our level of graciousness reached progress with the country's development?

I personally felt that it has in fact, regress. Everyday, as I travel to and fro from work, I will always encounter small incident of graciousness. People jamming for the door on mrt or buses, bulky items left behind at lift lobby waiting for magician to clear it, getting the 'Don't have" answer when I ask for something in a shop... just some of which I encounter on everyday basis.

Granted in every country there will be the extremity. But that said, having being branded as a first world country by our own Government, has our level of graciousness reached progress with the country's development?

when you put it like that, none of the first world countries have levels of graciousness on par with development. :bsmilie:

yesterday i had a customer service officer hang up on me after repeated attempts to send emails to the company with 3 different email addresses. i asked him to hold on the line, as i was sending an email from a 4th email address. he said "look, i have other calls to attend to", then i heard a click. :bsmilie:

this is not the first time i am experiencing such appalling standards of service in london.. which is globally known to be in a first world country.

Last edited:
Is Singapore a gracious society? I think the answer is simple. We still have a long way to go, especially comparing ourselves with Taiwan, Thailand and Japan.

Is Singapore a gracious society? I think the answer is simple. We still have a long way to go, especially comparing ourselves with Taiwan, Thailand and Japan.

taiwan:

[vid]1xCn3ZYTU0Y[/vid]