Singapore Straits Regatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklim

Jan 4, 2006
Bukit Timah
OMG... looks damm scary from that high view..

LensView

Dec 23, 2005
Great shots from you as always. Well done on the daredevil shot from the mast.

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
charleslim said:

It was too tempting, I climbed up the mast, to get some shots --- well at least if I fall, I might hit the water

To see what I got - www.seastories.sg/feedme ---
hmmm, while you're up there ..if only the helmsman jibe the boat. wonder if you're be hanging or swimming?? :bsmilie:

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
Charles, went to your seastories site. Saw your SSR photos. Great shots! I like your close to water compo. You must be on chase boat. cheers! :)

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg
Those damn ang mor damn cheeky - tacked and gybed a couple of times.
The mast up there moves quite alot. Got swung around, luckily to held on , yes guys , at no time I took photos using both hands.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Oh man charles... you just made me realise i have slight fear of heights. lol
=) lovely shot. hmmmm sat the colours a lil?;)

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg

I can't remember - maybe I used photoshop velvia plugin - actually that shot was unprocessed straight out of cam - this one above is after molesting it .

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
charles, I got a suggestion, next time you're up there and the angmoh gybe, you just pee on them. then just tell them you wet your pants 'cos of their driving :):):)

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg
rock climbing harness - pulled up by winch(EASY) - but got to hang on to the mast - cause mast swings around in sea. The cowboys didn't give me a safety line.

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg
charleslim said:
rock climbing harness - pulled up (EASY) - but got to hang on to the mast - cause mast swings around in sea. The cowboys didn't give me a safety line.
One time inbetween races had to Climb up like a coconut tree style cause no harness (use bow line knot around my chest) to do repairs - in rough seas, came down with Blisters inbetween my butt cheeks. OUCH.

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
charles, you're going for the horsburgh challenge?

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
charleslim said:
hopefully get the Mumm 30 and will be racing!
okie dokie, I suppose you'll be bring your cam along for some great photos. I really dig those "close_to_water" shots. see ya!;p

Status
Not open for further replies.