Singapore Straits Regatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg
hiflyvsmandrake.jpg

just came back from Batam, were they had Round Robin of the Singapore Straits Regatta. Yacht Racing.

OMG... looks damm scary from that high view..

Great shots from you as always. Well done on the daredevil shot from the mast.

charleslim said:
me.jpg

It was too tempting, I climbed up the mast, to get some shots --- well at least if I fall, I might hit the water

To see what I got - www.seastories.sg/feedme ---
hmmm, while you're up there ..if only the helmsman jibe the boat. wonder if you're be hanging or swimming?? :bsmilie:

Charles, went to your seastories site. Saw your SSR photos. Great shots! I like your close to water compo. You must be on chase boat. cheers! :)

Those damn ang mor damn cheeky - tacked and gybed a couple of times.
The mast up there moves quite alot. Got swung around, luckily to held on , yes guys , at no time I took photos using both hands.

Oh man charles... you just made me realise i have slight fear of heights. lol
=) lovely shot. hmmmm sat the colours a lil?;)

leehifi.jpg

I can't remember - maybe I used photoshop velvia plugin - actually that shot was unprocessed straight out of cam - this one above is after molesting it .

charles, I got a suggestion, next time you're up there and the angmoh gybe, you just pee on them. then just tell them you wet your pants 'cos of their driving :):):)

rock climbing harness - pulled up by winch(EASY) - but got to hang on to the mast - cause mast swings around in sea. The cowboys didn't give me a safety line.

charleslim said:
rock climbing harness - pulled up (EASY) - but got to hang on to the mast - cause mast swings around in sea. The cowboys didn't give me a safety line.

One time inbetween races had to Climb up like a coconut tree style cause no harness (use bow line knot around my chest) to do repairs - in rough seas, came down with Blisters inbetween my butt cheeks. OUCH.

charles, you're going for the horsburgh challenge?

charleslim said:
hopefully get the Mumm 30 and will be racing!
okie dokie, I suppose you'll be bring your cam along for some great photos. I really dig those "close_to_water" shots. see ya!;p

Status
Not open for further replies.