Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
Here's mine.. 100% crop
nice! :thumbsup:

Must put more D2X 100% crop here then people gian, they will automatically Buy Buy Buy!! Muhahahaha!!

SEXiao said:
wah bro, if can find one, ask her to buy one more forme lar.... buy 2 can get better price... :lovegrin: :bsmilie:
You go find your own :lovegrin:

espn said:
Here's mine.. 100% crop

heron_crop.jpg

when you guys say crop, you all actually "crop" the pic then magnify(Zoom in)???

SEXiao said:
when you guys say crop, you all actually "crop" the pic then magnify(Zoom in)???
Means we take a portion of the picture only. Dun need to zoom in because most monitors are around 1280x1024 or 1024x768.

Most of the time I crop 100% means I take a 640x425 portion of the whole picture, in this case is 4288x2848. 50% crop is take a 1280x850 then resize down to 640x425. When I show the full image I have to resize it down to 640x425.

espn's 100% crop is bigger because he crop a bigger area. No further magnification is involved.

SEXiao said:
Nope, the entire image is 3216 x 2136, I only took 800 x 600 of the entire shot and 'cut' it out and display it here.

lsisaxon said:
Means we take a portion of the picture only. Dun need to zoom in because most monitors are around 1280x1024 or 1024x768.

Most of the time I crop 100% means I take a 640x425 portion of the whole picture, in this case is 4288x2848. 50% crop is take a 1280x850 then resize down to 640x425. When I show the full image I have to resize it down to 640x425.

espn's 100% crop is bigger because he crop a bigger area. No further magnification is involved.

Thank bro for the explanation.... at first look, thought he crop, then enlarge the pic... :embrass:... I go try at CS to see if I do really understand...

espn said:
Nope, the entire image is 3216 x 2136, I only took 800 x 600 of the entire shot and 'cut' it out and display it here.
You used 2x high speed crop?

lsisaxon said:
You used 2x high speed crop?
Of course ... I already say, it's a lovely feature :lovegrin:

okay, see if I get it right...

1. I go to Image, Image Size, then if the Pixel Dimension is 3008 by 2000, if I want to "crop" it, I can use 640X480....

Is that how I crop my pic??:dunno:

All this while I thought you guys use the cropping tool, crop to the size yiu want and zoom in... heeee

SEXiao said:

1. I go to Image, Image Size, then if the Pixel Dimension is 3008 by 2000, if I want to "crop" it, I can use 640X480....

Ask 1s1@x0n I is tired, off to bed liao.

espn said:
Of course ... I already say, it's a lovely feature :lovegrin:
Yeah.. I didn't need 8fps yet. :p I will probably need it when I'm trying to catch that eagle!!

Meanwhile here is a spider. The body is nearly 10cm long!!!!!! 10 cm long!!!! I was shooting from like 2-3m away.
D2X ISO800 (full image resized and sharpened)
spider01.jpg

SEXiao said:

All this while I thought you guys use the cropping tool, crop to the size yiu want and zoom in... heeee
No.. Image size just resize the picture. You need to use crop tool. Set the size you want, you will get a box of the size, then just move it around to the region you want to crop and then crop. After you crop then you can resize if need to. Usually 100% crop dun need to resize.

lsisaxon said:
Yeah.. I didn't need 8fps yet. :p I will probably need it when I'm trying to catch that eagle!!

Meanwhile here is a spider. The body is nearly 10cm long!!!!!! 10 cm long!!!! I was shooting from like 2-3m away.
D2X ISO800 (full image resized and sharpened)
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/spider01.jpg
Here's mine :bsmilie:

spider2.jpg

Ok, this time really off to bed, nights!

lsisaxon said:
No.. Image size just resize the picture. You need to use crop tool. Set the size you want, you will get a box of the size, then just move it around to the region you want to crop and then crop. After you crop then you can resize if need to. Usually 100% crop dun need to resize.

hmm, sorry bro, I very slow, try to understand the whole concept... I use the crop tool, select the area that I want, but how do I know it is 100% or 50% etc... :dunno:

at the top of the window, you should see whether if you are viewing at 100% or 50%. At 100% crop out the area you want and resize it to a decent size for viewing on the web and you are done.

SEXiao said:
hmm, sorry bro, I very slow, try to understand the whole concept... I use the crop tool, select the area that I want, but how do I know it is 100% or 50% etc... :dunno:
Usually is 100%, if you want 50%, then your selection area must be twice the size, then after that you resize it down. I use Irfanview for cropping, so it's always pixel for pixel (100%) when shown on the screen. Other software should be the same or if it shows the whole picture, it will tell you the magnification, ie, 25%, 12.5% etc. And when you specify a size for the crop tool, you will get a smaller crop box because what the screen is showing has been reduced.

TMC said:
at the top of the window, you should see whether if you are viewing at 100% or 50%. At 100% crop out the area you want and resize it to a decent size for viewing on the web and you are done.

okay bro, let me go try out and maybe post 1 pic here...

espn said:
Here's mine :bsmilie:

Ok, this time really off to bed, nights!
Cropped? Or full image?

Think it's the same species. :)
Here's a 33% crop sideview.
spider02.jpg

Okay sorry, need to go learn how to insert pic first... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.