Sigma 18-125mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENO

Jul 31, 2004
Teddy Bear Land
Hi, i am thinking of getting a sigma 18-125mm... just wondering if its a good lens. just wanted it as a walk about lens... anyone own one? hows the pictures? wheres the cheapest place to get one too? How much is it?

Thanks for any information..... ;p

i own one that fixs into my canon 10D. very good zoom range. light but well built. very smooth zoom ring. picture quality wise is acceptable...of course unable to compare it to those prime lens. bought it 4 months ago at around $580/-. ;)

Very good range. Its one lens that cover a very wide range with good sharpness even when wide open. Colors tends to be warm. AF relatively fast but noisy. Buzzes around like a Canon EF35mm f2 when it focuses. Aperture of 3.5 to 5.6 is good for me. I am using this with my 20D together with its big brother the Bigma. ;)

thanks , jesser and Zplus...looks like its a good lens after all....i like the zoom range which is 28-200mm...well the f-stops fine with me...

the price i ask around was $480 cheapest... but might ask someone to buy over from Hong Kong..heard the lens there are real cheap for sigma..quess i just need to bring one lens out next time.. not wanting any dust to get into the CCD...haiz...

dust? just change the ccd on the fly loh... or bring many many cams out next time :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.