Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM

aosis said:
crap ... bought from Amazon didnt come with it.

How much u pay from Amazon?

Hi what's the price nw for this lens ??! :) am deciding between this and canon 17-55..

jxong said:
Hi what's the price nw for this lens ??! :) am deciding between this and canon 17-55..

Should be $1039 or less for local set @ SLRR.

Yup its $1039 @ SLRR....Juz got mine yesterday. Actually thinking of 17-40 L & 17-55 but finally settled for 17-50 after doing my homework. And yes I am happy that I made the right choice :)

Yup its $1039 @ SLRR....Juz got mine yesterday. Actually thinking of 17-40 L & 17-55 but finally settled for 17-50 after doing my homework. And yes I am happy that I made the right choice :)

Glad that you are happy with the lens, the price remain $1039? Glad to hear that too.

Guys, did you buy lens hood for this lens? If yes, from where?

I bought mine from the service centre at redhill there, it seems that there is a newer version of the lens hood for this lens. The older version attaches very loosely, but the new one (which i bought seperately at redhill) will snap on tightly. Think it cost 20+

I bought mine from the service centre at redhill there, it seems that there is a newer version of the lens hood for this lens. The older version attaches very loosely, but the new one (which i bought seperately at redhill) will snap on tightly. Think it cost 20+

Actually, the one I bought, the hood fits quite tightly. Probably is already the newer version.

rubberbands said:

How much you pay for it?

Has anyone here owned both the Tamron 17-50 non-VC version and the sigma 17-50?

Is the extra 400 bucks worth the difference in IQ? how does the color reproduction of the tamron compare to the sigma? :(

it would be funny for anyone to own both at the same time don't you think? I have the tamron, might rent the sigma someday and post the results up if I have the time and $$ haha

owned before tamron 17-50mm then tried the sigma, got poisoned then sold the tamroh loh. :(

400 bucks is really alot..

Bought mine yesterday from DD Electronics at S$881 by cash (S$889 if by Credit Card). It comes with hood and a bag.

Great Len!

how many units u have tried before getting the sharp copy? are the stores allow customers to test more than 1 copy?

Bought mine yesterday from DD Electronics at S$881 by cash (S$889 if by Credit Card). It comes with hood and a bag.

Great Len!

Compared to 2 months back, it was priced at below 7xx. Seems AUD went up already and DD eletronics adjusted their prices recently. I personally feel their price hike is ridiculous, though they are still one of the cheapest place to get grey lens.

Last edited:
if you got a copy with back focusing issue, make an appointment and bring it to the sigma service centre together with your camera body.
they can calibrate it for you using your body.

how many units u have tried before getting the sharp copy? are the stores allow customers to test more than 1 copy?

The shops that I visit probably won't allow you to test more than 1 lens, unless you can prove to him that got big problem with that lens you were testing with.. But it will be possible for you to try multiple brand's lens, e.g. Tamron 17-50 and Sigma 17-50.

^ so i cant compare 2 units then choose which one has good focus with my body...

apart from focussing issues, quality of oof highlights is also different. I tried 2 copies, both focus accurately but oof highlight characteristics are different