Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM

Need advise here... today i was cleaning my camera when i shake a bit and i heard noise coming out from the lens. It sounds like something inside is loose. Is there something wrong with my lens??

Need advise here... today i was cleaning my camera when i shake a bit and i heard noise coming out from the lens. It sounds like something inside is loose. Is there something wrong with my lens??

Don't worry about the noise and something moving inside when you shake. It's the 17-50's floating element that you are hearing.

Don't worry about the noise and something moving inside when you shake. It's the 17-50's floating element that you are hearing.

Thanks man!!! You peace my mind. :)

Just now a bit scare cos i removed my lens and it was lock and i shake there was noise and feel like something inside is loosen... hahaha

Last edited:
May I know what is the export price for this lens in Singapore? ie no warranty?

Chrissp said:

It should be the OS gyro/motor inside the len

just wondering if all these 3rd party lenses can be mounted on full frame body?

At least not for this Sigma 17-50 and Sigma 30 f/1.4. But Sigma 24-70 can be used on FF (IIRC)

In the case of Sigma, DC = for cropped, DG = for cropped & full frame. It's not about original or 3rd party lenses, each brand has lenses made for cropped only and cropped + full frame. You can go to each brand's website to read how to differentiate between the lenses or just do a search on the internet.

Linerax said:
is this site trustable? the price for the lens is really poisoning leh, but even reputable shops like slrr are selling it at 1000 odd.

does this come with warranty before opting for the diamond warranty?

I have bought many items from dd. Staffs are very friendly. They offer 1yr shop warranty. Its up to you if u want to extend

I have bought many items from dd. Staffs are very friendly. They offer 1yr shop warranty. Its up to you if u want to extend

thanks! :)

Haha, thanks sam from sam.

Other than Dd is there any other place that sell export sets? I heard some shops in holland v sell at 800++..

Can anyone recomend? Cheers.

Sam-Gor said:

Other than Dd is there any other place that sell export sets? I heard some shops in holland v sell at 800++..

Try artwork foto and tehnogadget

Sam-Gor said:

My advice is local set for Sigma.
Reason are,
2.5 yrs agent wty instead of 1 yr shop wty.
U might need to calibrate lens when upgrade body which cost $150.
Higher demand for future sale.

Just my 2 cents.

At a max aperture of 2.8, there should be sufficient DOF to compensate for any slight front or back focusing issues (if any to begin with).

i think best price for this lens is $1039 in SLRrevo with local warranty...

Hi,

I very very high chance not upgrading to ff, currently very satisfied with what I have.. :)

My advice is local set for Sigma.
Reason are,
2.5 yrs agent wty instead of 1 yr shop wty.
U might need to calibrate lens when upgrade body which cost $150.
Higher demand for future sale.

Just my 2 cents.

Sam-Gor said:
Hi,

I very very high chance not upgrading to ff, currently very satisfied with what I have.. :)

Dun say it too early.

DDE selling $899 x 2% off = $881 one year shop wty

Local shop selling $1039 with 2.5 yrs wty & 2 free calibration

Labour charge per calibration is $150 for non local & expired wty set.