shutter release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
im having trouble with my shutter release, cant get it working. can anyone pls help?
its a mechanical 1. i only can screw it to the shutter release about half way, and i cant release the shutter using the cable.
does it mean that the size is wrong? :dunno:

Zaknafein said:
im having trouble with my shutter release, cant get it working. can anyone pls help?
its a mechanical 1. i only can screw it to the shutter release about half way, and i can release the shutter using the cable.
does it mean that the size is wrong? :dunno:
The mechanical shutter release is like that. Last time mine also screw in about 2-3mm only.

As long as you can release the shutter by pressing the mechanical shutter release knob, everything is work ok.

Regards,
Arto.

oppps, sorry, typo!! i cant release :(
on the cable.... i press all the way, still cant... ack :(
so there's only 1 size for the screw?

Zaknafein said:
oppps, sorry, typo!! i cant release :(
on the cable.... i press all the way, still cant... ack :(
so there's only 1 size for the screw?
Which camera?

Make sure you release the mechanical shutter release (press the ring button under the shutter release), and the mechanical shutter release is not locked (turn the ring button left or right).

Better to try first before you screw in to the camera, whether the mechanical shutter release is working. Press the shutter release button, something will come out from the screw side, release the shutter release button, and the something will back inside.

Yes, only 1 size for the screw.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Which camera?

Make sure you release the mechanical shutter release (press the ring button under the shutter release), and the mechanical shutter release is not locked (turn the ring button left or right).

Better to try first before you screw in to the camera, whether the mechanical shutter release is working. Press the shutter release button, something will come out from the screw side, release the shutter release button, and the something will back inside.

Yes, only 1 size for the screw.

Regards,
Arto.
im using Fuji S9500, its not a DSLR. but there's a screw thread in the button so i supposed its meant for shutter release cable (SRC for short, kinda long to type :p)
yeah, a long metal thing will comes out about 2cm after i press the SR button. it will also slide back inside if i didnt lock the ring

Zaknafein said:
im using Fuji S9500, its not a DSLR. but there's a screw thread in the button so i supposed its meant for shutter release cable (SRC for short, kinda long to type :p)
yeah, a long metal thing will comes out about 2cm after i press the SR button. it will also slide back inside if i didnt lock the ring
Yes Fuji S9500 (from internet, google it) accept mechanical shutter release cable. If the shutter release cable working well, should have no problem.

Maybe you can check:
- Did you turn on your camera (sound weird, but who knows)?
- Did your camera need focus first before can press shutter release?

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Yes Fuji S9500 (from internet, google it) accept mechanical shutter release cable. If the shutter release cable working well, should have no problem.

Maybe you can check:
- Did you turn on your camera (sound weird, but who knows)?
- Did your camera need focus first before can press shutter release?

Regards,
Arto.
yeah, the camera was turned on. i was using auto focus. would need to half press to focus, but should be able to release without AF-ing actually... i tried b4

Zaknafein said:
yeah, the camera was turned on. i was using auto focus. would need to half press to focus, but should be able to release without AF-ing actually... i tried b4
I give up. Looks like your mechanical SRC is working well.

Other possibility is the camera need special shutter release cable. I am encounter this problem with my friend camera (film slr), which is actually cable with shutter release thread, and switch on the other end. But, since metal act like a switch also, it should have no problem. Maybe you can try to screw in while the camera is on (don't worry, it will not damage your camera) and see whether it click. Check the manual can help you much.

Regards,
Arto.

thanks for all the help! if it doesnt work, im going to go back to the shop to see if a change is possible hehe.

Zaknafein said:
thanks for all the help! if it doesnt work, im going to go back to the shop to see if a change is possible hehe.
You are welcome. Sorry, can't help you further.

Bring your camera to the shop also, so they can check it with you.

Regards,
Arto.

the shutter release cable has a tapered screw to fit most cameras. If your camera shutter release has a small screw thread, the cable will only go in half way. usually only 2 to 3 turns.
play with your release cable without attaching to the camera and see that it moves smoothly and that the triggering needle is not bent (if you had accidently bent it, then it might jam at the side of the camera when attached). Also, as artosoft mentioned, check that the lock mechanism is released. In any case, even if it is locked, you should still be able to squeeze of one shot before it locks. Finally, if your shutter release cable is working fine, lock it and press press the button fully then using the extended triggering needle, poke gently into the camera shutter release button hole. if it doesn't trigger the camera, then you might have some problem with the camera itself. Highly unlikely but......

Zaknafein said:
thanks MDZ2. went to the shop today and got it changed. its working fine now ;)
So its the SRC fault. Did the shop have any comments?

Regards,
Arto.

Zaknafein said:
thanks MDZ2. went to the shop today and got it changed. its working fine now ;)

You are most welcome, but do you have anyidea what the fault was?

sorry i dunno wat the fault was... probably the needle maybe bent or not aligned to poke the hole or something ><
cos the previous SRC couldn't even AF with it... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.