Show us your lighting setups - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicely done.. btw is it me or are more and more ppl getting influenced by a certain Dustin Diaz ever since he was featured on strobist?

anyone can tell me the location of this shoot. I am interested in those lines.

thanks in advance:)

yup its below the Punggol LRT tracks..

nicely done.. btw is it me or are more and more ppl getting influenced by a certain Dustin Diaz ever since he was featured on strobist?
hahaha yeah seems like it, it's not just because of him, it's just that making a daily thinking of concepts cultivates the mind. And generally it wasn't really him who made me into strobing, it was more on Joe McNally :)

Nice pics you have there Emdimaan :thumbsup:

havent been to strobist for a long time, before i do, what did he do?

was refering to emdimaan's pics.. the bokeh background at night type of shots..

sharing a simple setup to get the classic On White shots.. had some help from NUS photog for their Arts Bash studio shoot..

2 430EXIIs at 1/4th power to blow the background, with makeshift flags/gobos to block the light from hitting the subject.. (only added in halfway, so there is abit too much spill for some of the shots)

580EXII at 1/8th power into a softbox below for a low fill and 580EXII at 1/4th power bounced off the ceiling on cam as master and main light.. 2 large white reflectors for more fill..

the resulting shots here..

shooting for stock photography

nicolasoldier022.jpg

here's the setup

btsnicola001.jpg

i've posted the rest here which also explains some shots under the p&p :) hope that helps in sharing in a way or two

2808_64646908132_609913132_1731812_86912_n.jpg

2808_64641558132_609913132_1731740_7329007_n.jpg

This is a long while back. Just two sb800 gelled with 1/4 CTO and at 1/4 or 1/8 power...

Didn't really take any proper setup pics, so these are just some random shots..

Location wise I don't think this needs any introduction, a 2-light setup for this shoot.. 3 if you include the cloudy (not to mention drizzling) skies, as a giant soft light source..

430EXII in a foldable softbox on a boom for fill..

580EXII with 1/2 CTO superclamped to various parts of the bridge for that tinge of warm light..

the resulting pics here..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/j-chan/sets/72157622118742250/

Light with 580EX2 on the left of camera and 430 EX on left with 1/64 power output. shutter set at 1/200 and ISO 100.

Picture was shot in broadday light outdoors at Bukit Batok

Status
Not open for further replies.