Should I upgrade from EFS 17-85mm to EF 24-105mm L lens?

wahseng said:
I'm in a dilema... which lens should I get

You hv to figure out yourself, n decide.... compare the lens, or rent both n see which suits u then buy...

Halfmoon said:
If 24mm on APS-C is not too tight for you... indoor can be challenging.... depending on your style.......

Is weather sealing & red band important if the lens to be used in temperate weather

Is weather sealing & red band important if the lens to be used in temperate weather

the lens is only weather-sealed only when you pair with a weather sealed body

red band? you referring to the red ring on L lens isit? It only adds aesthetics value to your lens, period

SoundOfSilence said:
the lens is only weather-sealed only when you pair with a weather sealed body

red band? you referring to the red ring on L lens isit? It only adds aesthetics value to your lens, period

At M S Color now. Thinking if i should buy those lens now

Halfmoon said:
Try out those lens that you consider, and maybe, you can get a feel of which lens you wanna buy....... Good luck.........

Bought 70-200 f/4 L IS USM & 10-22. Keeping my 17-85mm

Bought 70-200 f/4 L IS USM & 10-22. Keeping my 17-85mm

the EF 70-200 f/4 IS USM is excellent! same goes to the EF S 10-22mm lens, but I waiting for the lens hood that ordered from eBay to be delivered.

no need the 70-200L IS II if you don't shoot low light at tele range..

It's DAMN huge and HEAVY.. Even for someone like me who walk around with 2-2.5KG of gear usually, I'm complaining that this chunk of glass is heavy. My heaviest lens is probably either the 24-70L or 70-300L which is near 1KG.. 70-200L IS II close to 1.5KG bro. :(

Consider the 70-300L for the range and if you don't need constant aperture and don't hate extending barrel design when zooming. If not, 70-200 f/4L IS is a good choice.

I already bought the 70-200mm f/4 IS USM :)