Shortage of Leica M Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price is obviously an important consideration when deciding which lens to purchase. That's the difficulty I have - I don't know how much these lenses costs. Unlike the canon lenses where there is a thread which basically lists all the local prices.

I am interested in the 24 elmarit but hv absolutely no clue what the price i should be paying for it.

24 ASPH is <$4k inclusive of GST.

I think i come across a 28 Elmarit (3rd generation lens) in the shops yesterday. Go guys, grab it and then send it to Solms for overhaul and coding.:)

Forgot, also spotted a 50 lux pre-asph, mint cond & a 35 lux asph titanium in the shops yesterday too. :)

Looking for the latest versions, 24 ASPH and 28 Cron ASPH. Waiting list has been over 9 months in some instances.

Looking for the latest versions, 24 ASPH and 28 Cron ASPH. Waiting list has been over 9 months in some instances.

I think last month i saw one 28 elmarit asph at Cathay Marina, selling cheaper than any other leica current lenses. Very light and tiny. Coded somemore.

I think last month i saw one 28 elmarit asph at Cathay Marina, selling cheaper than any other leica current lenses. Very light and tiny. Coded somemore.

28 Elmarit is half the price of the Cron :(. Come October 1, price increases worldwide.

28 Elmarit is half the price of the Cron :(. Come October 1, price increases worldwide.

Should consider CV28Ultron ($575) + jlm adapter (US$150). Less than half the price of Elmarit28asph!

You can also try the Zeiss ZM 28mm f/2.8 too.

ZM is f/2.8 and has to have 6-bit coding (I need one quite urgently as I will be on holiday on 2 Oct onwards), but the CV can use the Milich adapter (but soft at wide apertures). Cron is f/2 and the waiting list has been 9 months here in SG! :cry:

nothing wrong with a f/2.8. Most of the 28 elmarit lenses are very good. I tried shooting on my M8 few months back with a Zeiss 28 Biogon f/2.8, very nice, very 3 dimensional. Though not coded, I think it is ok. There is one in the second hand shop at Peninsula, i saw last weekend, maybe you can consider, it should be around $1700. If not, if you are in a hurry, get the 28 Elmarit asph brand new at Cathay. Small and cheap in today's context.:) But the newer asph 35 and 28 lenses have to be careful. The front element might come loose after some usage. Happens to my pre-asph 35 cron lens. Get an old round metal hood for the lenses, will have less strain on the lens front elements. It's hard to come by one though. I got one for my 35 cron asph, very nice look on it as well. :)

Cathay only left with 21 ASPH and 90AA.

Besides lenses, did anybody heard about Leica M8 price going up? :)

Besides lenses, did anybody heard about Leica M8 price going up? :)

Yes, the M8 price is also going up. There is already the official Leica statement when 1st Oct comes and in some European countries, this has already taken place.

Yeah, in Japan also the price has jumped JPY100,000! :eek:

Is price in Singapore going up as well? Any official statement locally?

Yeah, confirm, prices in Singapore will be rising by 20% on 1st Oct. Actually, Hacker, I have the 21 Asph.quite nice lens though, maybe you should consider that, but can be quite hefty now. I bought brand new from Cathay too, and was around $4700 then...few months back..my friend bought the rare silver chrome 24 asph. :)

Yeah, confirm, prices in Singapore will be rising by 20% on 1st Oct. Actually, Hacker, I have the 21 Asph.quite nice lens though, maybe you should consider that, but can be quite hefty now. I bought brand new from Cathay too, and was around $4700 then...few months back..my friend bought the rare silver chrome 24 asph. :)

He has already:bsmilie: He wants to collect the whole range of modern lenses and then some of the older ones later.

He has already:bsmilie: He wants to collect the whole range of modern lenses and then some of the older ones later.

I do not have the ones with the best bokeh: 75 Lux and Noctilux like you ;p!

I do not have the ones with the best bokeh: 75 Lux and Noctilux like you ;p!

Hmm...I have the 75 lux, now in Germany, coming back soon in two weeks' time! together with my 28 elmarit! I sent them for coding. :) I used to own one Noct few years back for only two weeks cos of good offer from someone, now regretting!:-(

Hmm...I have the 75 lux, now in Germany, coming back soon in two weeks' time! together with my 28 elmarit! I sent them for coding. :) I used to own one Noct few years back for only two weeks cos of good offer from someone, now regretting!:-(

Noct is huge and very special in terms of the creamy bokeh. Paying f/1.0 for the center while the corners are f/2.0 is actually very $$$ :). I have seen the 75 Lux and the 35 (pre-ASPH), all considered legends and king of bokeh. Is your 28 Elmarit ASPH?

Status
Not open for further replies.