Shooting at Marina Bay Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went up there with my d60 and 18-105 lens and mounted sb600 on 5th July. My stuff was in a normal messenger bag.

While I was there, a couple was getting the outdoor wedding shoot done, the photographer had a big mama lens and flash on - that i would say is professional photography of sorts.

Also I saw and ang moh lady with a nikon d300 big mama lens and a tripod - a proper big tripod not the kind u can hide in a bag taking long exposures.

As long as we can reason with them that we are not professional - ie going to sell the images etc or print them in magazine it should be ok..honestly i can shoot a PnS at 14 mega pixel and have the pics printed in a magazine as long!!! DSLR - no longer equates to professional photography.

My advise just take what you can very discretely no need to ask ..cause they rather say no to you than get trouble from their boss for letting you go.

yeah, i should mention that there were a few foreigners openly using tripod, but i didn't see them being stopped... this is not to incite anything against foreigners, but a condemnation of the management's double standards.

probably they don't dare to stop tourist ?

To be safe, use small lenses, not those Cannons like the recently concluded World Cup.

Remove the Battery Grip from your camera.

I believe those security-type people will think a Pro setup when they see something so big. So minimize your bag, don't bring a roller bag full of lenses and extra bodies and flash guns.

Hope you get what I mean. 1 lens, 1 body.

thanks

i guess i didn't make myself clear ... i'm referring to the inconsistency portion ..

In any system/process planned, human element is a big question mark, as to how they want to interpret it. Different security-type personnel interpret the rule differently.

To be safe, use small lenses, not those Cannons like the recently concluded World Cup.

Remove the Battery Grip from your camera.

I believe those security-type people will think a Pro setup when they see something so big. So minimize your bag, don't bring a roller bag full of lenses and extra bodies and flash guns.

Hope you get what I mean. 1 lens, 1 body.

That's wad i'm planning to do, but i'm bringing tripod as well, so i guess i'll try to hide it in a bag.. :D

probably they don't dare to stop tourist ?

If that's the case, then its really unfair.. :angry:

It is not unfair if the lady is staying in the hotel.

Well that makes sense.. But since we paid for entry as well.. :dunno:

Oh well, i shall just see how things go and work it out from there on.
I guess my questions are answered, so i'll close the thread.
Thanks for the input, everyone! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.