sharpness in photos

to be blunt, i don't think you are visualising what i say right.

i think if everything must explain 3 times to get it right, then die liao.

please just ignore my post and find other pentax users to ka cheow.
You are right. i am simply taking a piece of paper and covering up the sign and imagining how your pic would have looked like.

sorry if i am too simple and blunt for your level of understanding.

Last edited:
I'd just leave it as it is cause I'm a lousy swimmer... oops.

:bsmilie:

nah, you haven't been to that part of hong kong maybe..

got quite a bit of space to the left, actually.. it is still solid ground! ;p

You are right. i am simply taking a piece of paper and covering up the sign and imagining how your pic would have looked like.

sorry if i am too simple for your level of understanding.

so when i say "move left", you really assume that i roll on a skateboard left, with my camera in the same position? :bsmilie:

next time you shoot a model, and your sifu ask you to move left, please roll with your 75-300mm on a skateboard left and take pictures of empty space. :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:

nah, you haven't been to that part of hong kong maybe..

got quite a bit of space to the left, actually.. it is still solid ground! ;p

I've not been to HK before.............. :angry:

I've only seen it in dramas and movies where they exchange hostage for ransom or something there. hmm. Speaking of which, it does make sense that there is solid ground to actually do that.

so when i say "move left", you really assume that i roll on a skateboard left, with my camera in the same position? :bsmilie:

next time you shoot a model, and your sifu ask you to move left, please roll with your 75-300mm on a skateboard left and take pictures of empty space. :thumbsup:
see the model how lah.....if extreme i will thank the sifu and gladly shoot empty space.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Bad lighting can give the impression of an upsharp picture; see sample below:

Bad lighting

DSC01293.jpg

Good lighting

DSC01302.jpg

Bad lighting

DSC01293.jpg

Good lighting

DSC01302.jpg

bros this is what im talking abt.. so i can conclude that its due to bad lighting ar? any chance that i can rectify this issue other then waiting for another day to come back for another shot?

bros this is what im talking abt.. so i can conclude that its due to bad lighting ar? any chance that i can rectify this issue other then waiting for another day to come back for another shot?

Sad to say, but the answer is no (unless you bring in a lot of big lights and modifiers into your setup then maybe you have a chance on a dreary day).

You can try and increase the contrast or set colour to vivid.

shows you how important light is, not just the quantity, but the QUALITY! :)

Bad lighting

Good lighting

I know you mean well, and you obviously hit the nail on the head, but both those pictures are oversharpened. (in the conventional sense of the word not in the usage in this frankly meandering thread o.o)

Just FYI, in an educational rather than critical sense.

Last edited:

yes, you just have to reshoot this until there is good light.

good light, can beat any amount of PP anyone can do.