• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

sharpness in photos

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
to be blunt, i don't think you are visualising what i say right.

i think if everything must explain 3 times to get it right, then die liao.

please just ignore my post and find other pentax users to ka cheow.
You are right. i am simply taking a piece of paper and covering up the sign and imagining how your pic would have looked like.

sorry if i am too simple and blunt for your level of understanding.

Last edited:

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
You are right. i am simply taking a piece of paper and covering up the sign and imagining how your pic would have looked like.

sorry if i am too simple for your level of understanding.
so when i say "move left", you really assume that i roll on a skateboard left, with my camera in the same position? :bsmilie:

next time you shoot a model, and your sifu ask you to move left, please roll with your 75-300mm on a skateboard left and take pictures of empty space. :thumbsup:

aspenx

Aug 10, 2008
here
:bsmilie:

nah, you haven't been to that part of hong kong maybe..

got quite a bit of space to the left, actually.. it is still solid ground! ;p
I've not been to HK before.............. :angry:

I've only seen it in dramas and movies where they exchange hostage for ransom or something there. hmm. Speaking of which, it does make sense that there is solid ground to actually do that.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
so when i say "move left", you really assume that i roll on a skateboard left, with my camera in the same position? :bsmilie:

next time you shoot a model, and your sifu ask you to move left, please roll with your 75-300mm on a skateboard left and take pictures of empty space. :thumbsup:
see the model how lah.....if extreme i will thank the sifu and gladly shoot empty space.

Diavonex

Sep 23, 2008
Admiralty
Bad lighting can give the impression of an upsharp picture; see sample below:

Bad lighting

Good lighting

astroboi

Sep 21, 2009

Bad lighting

Good lighting

bros this is what im talking abt.. so i can conclude that its due to bad lighting ar? any chance that i can rectify this issue other then waiting for another day to come back for another shot?

aspenx

Aug 10, 2008
here
bros this is what im talking abt.. so i can conclude that its due to bad lighting ar? any chance that i can rectify this issue other then waiting for another day to come back for another shot?
Sad to say, but the answer is no (unless you bring in a lot of big lights and modifiers into your setup then maybe you have a chance on a dreary day).

Diavonex

Sep 23, 2008
Admiralty
You can try and increase the contrast or set colour to vivid.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
shows you how important light is, not just the quantity, but the QUALITY! :)

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
OK. I apologize that I did not write in a simple enough manner so you can understand it. :rolleyes:
You are not at fault. At times, being simple and straight forward will deprive others the right to analyse the situation or to even exercise some common sense!

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site

Bad lighting

Good lighting
I know you mean well, and you obviously hit the nail on the head, but both those pictures are oversharpened. (in the conventional sense of the word not in the usage in this frankly meandering thread o.o)

Just FYI, in an educational rather than critical sense.

Last edited:

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
yes, you just have to reshoot this until there is good light.

good light, can beat any amount of PP anyone can do.

Top Bottom