SG (first?) 5D2 Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool....HD...I like..:cool:

pretty well made!
For video amateurs like me, the camera appears to be more than capable in the video department. :thumbsup:

Cool video...good job! :thumbsup:

pretty well made!
For video amateurs like me, the camera appears to be more than capable in the video department. :thumbsup:

The camera video functions are really inpressive.

Then again, Its more suited for a controlled environment, not a run and gun situation. Can shoot MTV more then it does Wedding. So @ this moment, the need for videographer is still there. I somehow worry more videographers will be going into the photography market because of it!! :nono::bsmilie:

Hmm... How is it jerky? Does the video playback smoothly or are you talking about handshake? Wanted to know so I can try to resolve it, thanks!! :D
I was refering to the handshake. The playback is smooth as butter. ;) DSLR video suffers from rolling shutter effect and flickering can be quite a problem. I dont know how you can resolve that but I am sure over time, you'll find a workaround. Cheers!

I was refering to the handshake. The playback is smooth as butter. ;) DSLR video suffers from rolling shutter effect and flickering can be quite a problem. I dont know how you can resolve that but I am sure over time, you'll find a workaround. Cheers!

The newer sony camcorders uses rolling shutter too... and the solution is already found, buy canon cams!! LOL :bsmilie:

About The handshake... hmmm.... :sticktong

it plays smoothly on my three year old laptop. how i wish i have more $$$

wow! superb! can only record up to 12 mins maximum, is it?

i really like the part when the girl is going down at the escalator, and turn her head glazing at you for sec... coolness :)

i can see how the video functions works best on a tripod..just curious, does the video function benefit from the IS-enabled lenses?

:think:....video function behaves similar to the camera's live view. If pictures can be taken using live view with IS lens, I see video functions will be able to, which is a huge benefit However, I do notice even on normal video cam, we still need something to stablize to prevent shaking.

Maybe we can try something like Blair Witch Project. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
wow! superb! can only record up to 12 mins maximum, is it?

12 Mins HD or 4 Gig per clip max. :)

i can see how the video functions works best on a tripod..just curious, does the video function benefit from the IS-enabled lenses?

I dun think so, I think IS-enable lenses are designed for stills. At least when I shoot I dun feel a diff... unless I can test out lenses that can turn IS off.... :think:

very very impressive....smooth sharp images. clearer than watching normal DVD - which is professional studio production!

is there a limit to each clip or is it basically memory card dependant?

I would like to post a question here. Is there any softwares beside QT that can editing HD video? How about Adobe Premier Pro or Sony Vegas? :)

QT is for playback only, FCP, Premier and vegas are editing suites which are more then capable of editing the footages.

12 Mins HD or 4 Gig per clip max. :)

I dun think so, I think IS-enable lenses are designed for stills. At least when I shoot I dun feel a diff... unless I can test out lenses that can turn IS off.... :think:
actually i thought about it more, and it may not be possible. as far as i know, IS is only activated when the AF is activated. Since there is no AF in video mode, then maybe IS will not work in this case. Such a shame.

blue2th > the 12min limit is due to the FAT32 file system used by the camera, which only allows a maximum file size of 4gb..which is 12 minutes.

actually i thought about it more, and it may not be possible. as far as i know, IS is only activated when the AF is activated. Since there is no AF in video mode, then maybe IS will not work in this case. Such a shame.

Guys, I need to bring out this statement mentioned from the manual.

Found in page 123, "If the attached lens has an Image Stabilizer, the Image Stabilizer will operate at all times even if you do not press the shutter button halfway. The Image Stabilizer may cause the total movie shooting time or the number of possible shots to decrease. If you use a tripod or if the Image Stabilizer is not necessary, you should set the IS witch to <OFF>."

Yap, the IS is operational during Video mode. :)

Another interesting quote in the manual

Found in page 122, "You can shoot movies up to about 90 min, total at 23 degs. Or up to about 80 min total at 0 degs"

Found in page 123, "After you start shooting a movie, the movie shooting will stop automatically if the file size reackes 4GB or if the movie time exceeds 29 min 59 secs"

Which means we can continue shooting videos till the stage where the sensor will not be overheat and within the memory card limit. ??? :think:

ah coolness. this is where you have an advantage over me...you have the camera! i can only depend on what other people say..haha thanks for taking the time to check it out!

so how did the 12min-limit come about? or was that only for pre-production models... are there different resolution modes for the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.