SG (first?) 5D2 Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah coolness. this is where you have an advantage over me...you have the camera! i can only depend on what other people say..haha thanks for taking the time to check it out!

so how did the 12min-limit come about? or was that only for pre-production models... are there different resolution modes for the video?

You can download the whole manual from the web lah. Google! :)

yap, there is different resolution mode in the camera.

Using 4GB card
1920X1080 for 12 mins
640X480 for 24 mins.

Normally, the manual will advise a "Safe" zone when dealing a particular function. I believe the camera can go beyond the limit. :think:

Maybe I should try continuous shooting video till over the suggested limit. I need to test that, because my intention is to shoot video to a harddisk in near future.

Guys, I need to bring out this statement mentioned from the manual.

Found in page 123, "If the attached lens has an Image Stabilizer, the Image Stabilizer will operate at all times even if you do not press the shutter button halfway. The Image Stabilizer may cause the total movie shooting time or the number of possible shots to decrease. If you use a tripod or if the Image Stabilizer is not necessary, you should set the IS witch to <OFF>."

Yap, the IS is operational during Video mode. :)

Another interesting quote in the manual

Found in page 122, "You can shoot movies up to about 90 min, total at 23 degs. Or up to about 80 min total at 0 degs"

Found in page 123, "After you start shooting a movie, the movie shooting will stop automatically if the file size reackes 4GB or if the movie time exceeds 29 min 59 secs"

Which means we can continue shooting videos till the stage where the sensor will not be overheat and within the memory card limit. ??? :think:

Good to know!! :) Page 122 toking about sensor or batteries?

Sorry for not reading the manual!! :embrass::sweat:

Question: Any suggestion of a portable LCD screen with HDMI port which can view the images and movie from 5D MK2? I mean in live view mode.

I know Vincent Laforet uses a LCD for his rig but i think its not through HDMI. Not sure thou!! :dunno:

I came out a list of essential items for video production using 5D MK2.
Please suggest and comments if changes needed.

1) Portable LCD Screen at least 4" diagonal screen.
I have seen examples of people using DVD player or laptop. :think:
2) Microphone??? Totally clueless about this. :embrass:
3) Portable battery packs??? Another clueless. :sweat:
4) Portable hardisk 320 gig
5) WFT-E4

I came out a list of essential items for video production using 5D MK2.
Please suggest and comments if changes needed.

1) Portable LCD Screen at least 4" diagonal screen.
I have seen examples of people using DVD player or laptop. :think:
2) Microphone??? Totally clueless about this. :embrass:
3) Portable battery packs??? Another clueless. :sweat:
4) Portable hardisk 320 gig
5) WFT-E4

You miss the AC power generator. :eek:

The 5D2 Video Rig. Making Of Arco Back from Vincent Laforet

picture-32.png

Picture From Vincent's Blog.

This is all you need!!

Get it Don.. Get it!!! Dun wait liao.. uber coolness!

any idea if you can record directly to comp instead of a cf card when shooting video?
if yes then does that mean it can get around the 4gb or 12mins limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.