Servicing for Bronica ETRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

clie

Dec 28, 2005
Hi All,

I was recently given a Bronica ETRS. Would anyone of you here have any recommendations where I can send mine for a full checkup and servicing? Thanks.

Ir you can try Camera Hospital call Steven number: 6336 0025 If you are looking for lens and film mag you can call me at 9006 4997;)

singscott said:
Ir you can try Camera Hospital call Steven number: 6336 0025 If you are looking for lens and film mag you can call me at 9006 4997;)

Sweet. I might be looking for 35mm back. Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance, but in terms of price, service and availability of parts, which will provide a better experience? Tithes or Camera Hospital?

I think Tithes does not do servicing as it does not have dept.and parts for servicing. It will sent to Japan or other to do the job.

Looks like I have to call them again to confirm. Don't want to paying extra for a middle man.

Any other places other than Camera Hospital?:)

clie said:
Looks like I have to call them again to confirm. Don't want to paying extra for a middle man.

Any other places other than Camera Hospital?:)

Well, can try P&G Photographic Centre at The Adelphi or Alex Photo Peninsula Plaza.
Cheers. ;)

Just called Tithes again, they said they've their own in house servicing center. Don't know how true is that. Nonetheless I will probably be taking it down tomorrow for a quote since they are just next to my workplace.

Will take it down to other recommendated places as suggested, over the course of the week and do a comparision.

Thanks everyone.

clie said:
Just called Tithes again, they said they've their own in house servicing center. Don't know how true is that. Nonetheless I will probably be taking it down tomorrow for a quote since they are just next to my workplace.

Will take it down to other recommendated places as suggested, over the course of the week and do a comparision.

Thanks everyone.

if it is come general servicing tithes can do it. once sent my SQAi in cos a lens fogged and it took 3 months plus, cost me 400 to change the lens cos gotta send to japan

Hi,

I can attest to P&G. David is good and really knows his camera & lens.
FYI, I used to own the ETR/ETRsi/SQ-A/EC-TL/S2...all superb camera.

$400?
Oh no. I have a 250mm lens with possible fog / fungus. My other 40mm and 75mm has got quite a fair bit of dust internally.

Yet to test out the body, don't know if there is any light leakage problem.
Geez. Looks like its not going to be cheap servicing these.:(

clie said:
$400?
Oh no. I have a 250mm lens with possible fog / fungus. My other 40mm and 75mm has got quite a fair bit of dust internally.

er abit off topic here, but how to check for light leakage?
Thanks

clie said:
$400?

For fungus, it is simpler, just cleaning of the lens will do. However, if it is a fog, then chances are the whole lens elements had to be changed, thus the expensive $400.....

I sent my Tamron 70-210mm for them to repair, they quoted $200.....

clie said:

Thanks everyone.

It's true. I had talked with their servicing manager before and he mentioned most servicing will be done here, except lenses where major faults or faults that requires to dismentle the whole lens will be done at the manufacturer's site. The recalibration of lenses, especially electronic based lenses required absolute precision.

The last time I sent a 20-40mm for servicing and cleaning of lenses took me 3 days, however, I just sent in a 70-210mm for servicing and they require it to be sent to Japan due to the full dismantle process and they mentioned it will take at LEAST 1 month for the lens to come back to my hands ;(

1 month? Thats a long time.
Anyway, I've just got a quote for the repairs to mine. $440 to replace part &fix shutter, clean my 2 lens and AE finder. Is this reasonable?

clie said:
1 month? Thats a long time.
Anyway, I've just got a quote for the repairs to mine. $440 to replace part &fix shutter, clean my 2 lens and AE finder. Is this reasonable?

That depends on how bad are the lenses ...... $440 can probably get you a new 2nd handed ETRS + AE Prism (not the AE III hor) body from Ebay .... with spare change somemore :D.... wat's wrong with the AE finder?

Thus if you let me think .... I will see how bad are the lenses .... maybe you can check with camera hospital on the price to clean the lenses?

blurblock said:
That depends on how bad are the lenses ...... $440 can probably get you a new 2nd handed ETRS + AE Prism (not the AE III hor) body from Ebay .... with spare change somemore :D.... wat's wrong with the AE finder?

Thus if you let me think .... I will see how bad are the lenses .... maybe you can check with camera hospital on the price to clean the lenses?

I know $440 can get me a 2nd body + some additional accessories if I am lucky. Dilemma now.

Anyway, shutter is not firing, something in the body needs to be replaced. 2 lenses are quite dusty internally with I think some fogging. AE finder like not bright enough but still useable.

Oh yeah, I did check out camera hospital.

So what do you all reckon? Repair or just keep it as a museum piece? I do not have any dire needs of a MF camera now, but would very much like to use it in the future.

Is it worth $440 to repair it?

clie said:
So what do you all reckon? Repair or just keep it as a museum piece? I do not have any dire needs of a MF camera now, but would very much like to use it in the future.

Is it worth $440 to repair it?

It is up to you .... it's your own decision on that. No one can make a decision for you on what you want ......

Status
Not open for further replies.