Sensor Cleaning.... Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinaik

Jun 14, 2004
Found that shots from my D70s are cluttered with "debris"and no matter how much I use the blower... it jsut doesnt come off..

Are there any professional help available in cleaning the sensor?

chinaik said:
Found that shots from my D70s are cluttered with "debris"and no matter how much I use the blower... it jsut doesnt come off..

If you are still within warranty, its free "cleaning of ccd"
just send in, dont risk it. Blower must be clean or u blow more in. For now, make use of the service by NSC.

Regards,
tltan

how long do nsc normally take to clean a sensor? issit immediate collection?

kcuf2 said:
how long do nsc normally take to clean a sensor? issit immediate collection?

15-30 minutes. sometimes longer if there is a crowd. Go early morning best. hehe.

Do remember to check it after cleaning if you can. the white backpage of the product brochure there quite useful if you know how to use it hehehe.

Regards,
tltan

Try to blow the sensor (aa or low pass filter actually) using air blower before you send it to NSC. It might help...

Regards,
Arto.

Thanks... where is the service center? :p

fuji xerox
it was ibm tower last time

tltan said:
If you are still within warranty, its free "cleaning of ccd"
just send in, dont risk it. Blower must be clean or u blow more in. For now, make use of the service by NSC.

Regards,
tltan
It's complimentary, not free. Glad you quoted the words accordingly :D

Thanks! .... hmmm they only open during office hours.. mon-fri... sigh... got to take leave liao...

_espn_ said:
It's complimentary, not free. Glad you quoted the words accordingly :D

Yeah. Sorry. It should be complimentary. :sweatsm:
"Cleaning of CCD"? , because I have been there a few times liaoz...hehe. Collect the receipts mah. :sweat: read at night. hahahaha.

chinaik said:
Thanks! .... hmmm they only open during office hours.. mon-fri... sigh... got to take leave liao...

Yes. Or get someone to go on your behalf? But best to go yourself. =)

Hmmmm......why not clean it yourself? It really is much easier than you think...;)

All you need is a pack of PEC*PADs

A bottle of Eclipse Lens Cleaning Fluid

both are available at CP

And a $3 rubber saptula from NTUC that you cut to about 1.2cm in width. Then you follow the instructions found in the following two webpages:

CCD Cleaning Part 1

CCD Cleaning Part 2

_

chinaik said:

Take time off lah then immed go back to office to work. Think most boss are reasonable. :dunno:

But for me I just go. :embrass:

YMMV

Hi chinaik, u want to go tog? I also going down to clean my sensor this week.. Got a very stubborn black spot which refuses to be blown off by the blower.. No choice man.. Guess this is the con of not having an anti-dust function.

Anyway if you want to go just give me a pm.. I most probably will go down by Fri.. My office at International Plaza so juz 10 mins walk down to Fuji-xerox tower..:)

chinaik said:

longkangman said:
Take time off lah then immed go back to office to work. Think most boss are reasonable. :dunno:

But for me I just go. :embrass:

YMMV

Went down yesterday but I took 1 day leave instead..;p

think its more practical to perform sensor cleaning DIY style. i cleaned mine using sensorklear and so far results not disappointing. but as usual precautions need to be taken la.

Status
Not open for further replies.