Sending pictures to local press, what photoshop settings do i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
What color space / proof should i use if i were to send some photos which will be printed in local press? I don't know whether will it be Straits Times or New Paper, or other papers.

I'm currently using US Prepress default in my color profile in CS2, working space is sRGB, proof to KT color centre.

I do believe your settings would be fine.
If you wanna be sure, just check with the photo department. :)
In fact, straight from the cam is already good enough.

don't worry too much abt it, their backend is colour-managed and got staff to tweak the output for the paper printing.

Ok thanks! Will inform you guys when it's published.

igpenguin said:
don't worry too much abt it, their backend is colour-managed and got staff to tweak the output for the paper printing.
yeah right...:bsmilie: ;(

I have seen them post pictures which I have colour managed, a studio product shot with a white background and clothes with red and magenta and some other colours...and it came out like @$**&

when in doubt send them printed proofs...if they refer to them that is...

haagen_dazs said:
i would think that most print companies would like their shots in adobe RGB.
not sure but could you update the thread when you do know?
I am interested in knowing what they use.
thanks! :D

Actually i doubt i'll know, because i don't liase with the press directly. I'm going to pass the photos to my client, and the press get the CD from them.

Adobe RGB is of course wider spectrum, but i realize that it results in a very overblown, over saturated and 'More red, less blue' kind of over-rich tones. I wonder if anyone shares the same sentiment with me?

sRGB. The system can't take in any other profiles. Will be converted to sRGB anyway.

AReality said:
sRGB. The system can't take in any other profiles. Will be converted to sRGB anyway.

bro how you know man? You have contacts in SPH?

behyx said:
bro how you know man? You have contacts in SPH?

yup..u're right.. he's got some contacts..

Outstanding! :) Thanks guys!

theRBK said:
yeah right...:bsmilie: ;(

I have seen them post pictures which I have colour managed, a studio product shot with a white background and clothes with red and magenta and some other colours...and it came out like @$**&

when in doubt send them printed proofs...if they refer to them that is...

hey.. i'm sure kokups happen now and then... and proofs are a good idea.

i remember when i was working as a part-time paginator. there's a room where there's all the photoshop operators doing touch-ups to photos. that's almost ten years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.