sending digital photo for prints

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ruud

any checklist that i shld follow? do i have resize the image to correct dimension? do all images must be in potrait orientation, or can i have some images in potrait while some are in landscape?

thanks in advance

if you want your images to be printed in regular 4R size, it would be good to crop your images to 3:2 ratio first.

thanks brother,

how about publishing the photos in the internet? any checklists?

Originally posted by ruud
how about publishing the photos in the internet? any checklists?
generally, keep tp 72dpi, and try to keep the image size down to a acceptable size. re-size the really big ones to like mabbe 600x400 or smaller.

remember, not everyone has broadband... have a thought for those on dial-up...

Originally posted by firefox13
generally, keep tp 72dpi, and try to keep the image size down to a acceptable size. re-size the really big ones to like mabbe 600x400 or smaller.

remember, not everyone has broadband... have a thought for those on dial-up...

Actually, the 72dpi thing is a misnomer. Once you specify image size in pixels, the dpi value is redundant. A file at 600 x 400 x 300dpi will be the same size as one at 600 x 400 x 72dpi. You only need to conern yourself with the dpi/ppi when printing or scanning.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by mpenza
if you want your images to be printed in regular 4R size, it would be good to crop your images to 3:2 ratio first.

btw, i suppose 3:2 ratio is height:width, meaning that the images must be in potrait orientation; or it doesn't really matter?

Originally posted by ruud

btw, i suppose 3:2 ratio is height:width, meaning that the images must be in potrait orientation; or it doesn't really matter?

3:2 or 2:3 is the same.

any fast servers to host my photos? i'm thinkin of pbase, as it seems rather fast; or shld i create the homepage from scratch and host is at coolconnect?

Originally posted by Goondu

3:2 or 2:3 is the same.

newbie here...hehe...
3:2 ...is the standard size ? will be buying canon A40...
so the default size is 1600:1200...so is that 3:2 /?

Originally posted by Blankies

newbie here...hehe...
3:2 ...is the standard size ? will be buying canon A40...
so the default size is 1600:1200...so is that 3:2 /?

do the division yourself ;p 1600/1200 = 4/3, definitely not 3:2.

Status
Not open for further replies.