Seems DSLR marketing has shifted.

But, i don't like it when teenagers showing off their DSLRs.. Why can't they put them inside their bags? The whole world doesn't need to know that they also own the latest "fashion" by letting the expensive DSLRs dangling from their neck..

But why should the camera be in the bag. It should be where it is most assessable. You might miss something worth shooting if need to fumble in the bag.

Haha, last time I bring up this topic, I kena shoot left Right. lol.

if you tell the people use that kind of Ta Ker Ta at that time you can do what with your mobile phone today, they may think you are "short circle".

btw, the battery is bigger than any mobile phone today and last not more than a day even it is on standby mode.

there was a standby mode?:bsmilie:

Cant understand why people despise auto mode ..just because one shoot "manual" mode does not make one pro .. if auto mode can give u the result u want which is "wow" photo, then why not ...

Most racing cars are now running semi auto gearboxes .. does this make the drivers less professional ...
No, it's just that Full Auto hasn't matured yet... Remember that the computer is stupid for now, dosen't have enough processing power to love... Not even the 10 most powerful supercomputers in the world combined together can enable love in a computer. Maybe 100 sets of them can give rudimentary love... So maybe they will have to squeeze a microcomputer with the processing power of 5 Core I7s to get good auto..

But why should the camera be in the bag. It should be where it is most assessable. You might miss something worth shooting if need to fumble in the bag.
Agreed. Though the big difference that sets seasoned PGs to those "want face" prople is that we have different lenses from them. They have crappy kit lens, we have high quality ones (For canon users like me, its L lenses)... They treat the dslrs like PnS.

Last edited:
Agreed. Though the big difference that sets us seasoned PGs to those "want face" prople is that we have different lenses from them. They have crappy kit lens, we have high quality ones (For canon users like me, its L lenses)... They treat the dslrs like PnS.

Season photographer or not is by the photo he/she produce, not by equipment.

So if I want to look season, I will chain up all my pro rate lenses and wear like a necklace? :bsmilie:

Btw, just screen thru some shots taken by you, many of those crappy kit lens can shoot better than your L. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Season photographer or not is by the photo he/she produce, not by equipment.

So if I want to look season, I will chain up all my pro rate lenses and wear like a necklace? :bsmilie:

Btw, just screen thru some shots taken by you, many of those crappy kit lens can shoot better than your L. :bsmilie:
Can't blame me... forgot to bring my tripod that day :embrass: so I couldn't hold my camera properly.

Can't blame me... forgot to bring my tripod that day :embrass: so I couldn't hold my camera properly.

It is to remind you that the comment is uncalled for and will backfire. :)

Leong,

Haven't you already looked very Pro: :)

Pro.jpg

yes, i agree that the camera should be where it is most accessible (not assessible btw :)), but for those teenagers who don't even know what DSLR stands for and use them for cam whoring, i think they will be so fixed up in cam whoring than to notice the golden moment..

Anyway, there is always an option of quick-access bag, right? Or are you implying that we should all ditch our bag so that we'll be ready for the "moment"? no, right?

Moreover, i was saying why can't they put it in the bag? i was referencing to xtemujin's post..

i just don't like the fact that DSLR, a tool for photographers, both pros and hobbyist, is used as a fashion accessory; that is the thing that i really hate about it.. being a fashion accessory.. so degrading, man.. some people buy DSLR just for the sake of fashion..

:D

Honestly I would recommend them to buy DSLR lookalikes like the Powershot S5...

the thing is they are so poisoned to buy DSLR.. Cheap kit lens can produce great images, bro, and kit lens are not crappy, in fact plastic lenses are not crappy as well, they are still made using complicated physics.. The problem is not with the lens, but users..

I thought you don't need tripod? Why you couldn't hold your cam properly? I thought you have good hands like you said in the plane spotting thread you started?:eek:
just joking, man, no hard feelings, k? ;)

Last edited:
but for those teenagers who don't even know what DSLR stands for and use them for cam whoring

there are the rare few who knows what they are doing. but i wont deny a large majority of my counterparts are doing what u say.

:dunno: what can we do? rich parents:rolleyes:

the thing is they are so poisoned to buy DSLR.. Cheap kit lens can produce great images, bro, and kit lens are not crappy, in fact plastic lenses are not crappy as well, they are still made using complicated physics.. The problem is not with the lens, but users..

I thought you don't need tripod? Why you couldn't hold your cam properly? I thought you have good hands like you said in the plane spotting thread you started?:eek:
just joking, man, no hard feelings, k? ;)
My hands are usually strong, but the combination of flu+ headache + antibiotics made my hands slightly jellier that day...

there are the rare few who knows what they are doing. but i wont deny a large majority of my counterparts are doing what u say.

:dunno: what can we do? rich parents:rolleyes:
What's the use of a dslr if they just use for cam whoring? Its basically overkill... Just like bringing a speedlite 580ex II to a small party with a room twice the size of your average storeroom... :)

yes, i agree that the camera should be where it is most accessible (not assessible btw :)), but for those teenagers who don't even know what DSLR stands for and use them for cam whoring, i think they will be so fixed up in cam whoring than to notice the golden moment..

Anyway, there is always an option of quick-access bag, right? Or are you implying that we should all ditch our bag so that we'll be ready for the "moment"? no, right?

Moreover, i was saying why can't they put it in the bag? i was referencing to xtemujin's post..

i just don't like the fact that DSLR, a tool for photographers, both pros and hobbyist, is used as a fashion accessory; that is the thing that i really hate about it.. being a fashion accessory.. so degrading, man.. some people buy DSLR just for the sake of fashion..
Let's face it: they love the idea of flaunting their dslr, with those kit lens that even the cheapest lens that's not a kit can do a lot better (for canon ppl its the 50mm f1.8) , but they hate quick access camera bags... they love handbags, etc...

Let's face it: they love the idea of flaunting their dslr, with those kit lens that even the cheapest lens that's not a kit can do a lot better (for canon ppl its the 50mm f1.8) , but they hate quick access camera bags... they love handbags, etc...
heyyyyy canon kit lens is good ok. decently sharp, got IS, what more to expect? only problem i have with it is that its slow, but the kit lens really taught me alot, i wouldnt say i've used it to the max of my ability, but at least i can justify my upgrade because i know what i want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iambasil/5151067541/in/photostream/
kit lens :D

heyyyyy canon kit lens is good ok. decently sharp, got IS, what more to expect? only problem i have with it is that its slow, but the kit lens really taught me alot, i wouldnt say i've used it to the max of my ability, but at least i can justify my upgrade because i know what i want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iambasil/5151067541/in/photostream/
kit lens :D
Honestly I would give up IS for a big arpeture... just personal preference. That's why I got the 50mm f1.4 usm ;)