Screen protector for 7D

icatius

Jul 26, 2010
Hi all! Finally I am a proud owner of the 7D!

I need some help here. I am intending to look for a screen protector to cover the lcd. Anyone knows where to get it?

Million thanks in advance! Shoot on!

Hi all! Finally I am a proud owner of the 7D!

I need some help here. I am intending to look for a screen protector to cover the lcd. Anyone knows where to get it?

Million thanks in advance! Shoot on!

Go to any screen protector vendor stall and get a custom-cut screen protector for you. Should be around $10-12 for it.

Dont go for those screen protectors that are 'ready made' for the 7D. Chances are those protectors only cover the display portion of the LCD and not the black border.

Dont forget to get any piece cut for the top LCD panel

Whoa, though no one would be up, but I am so wrong! lol

@ zarray - that was what I did, I used a new screen protector meant for iphone, spent 2 hours to cut, but still cannot... think I am not cut out for something like this. Don't think the bengs at the shops will entertain me also.. haha

@sinned79 - whoa, thanks! i think i will place an order with them! btw, ur nick looks familiar, r u by any chance driving a subie?

Go to any screen protector vendor stall and get a custom-cut screen protector for you. Should be around $10-12 for it.

Dont go for those screen protectors that are 'ready made' for the 7D. Chances are those protectors only cover the display portion of the LCD and not the black border.

Dont forget to get any piece cut for the top LCD panel

Can you recommend a screen protector vendor? Interested in getting one for my 7D. Thanks.

Can you recommend a screen protector vendor? Interested in getting one for my 7D. Thanks.

Well, for a start sim lim square has many of these vendors. Just scourge the ground level should be enough. If not im sure ANY shopping mall should have shopcart vendors selling screen protectors

They make look like beng-kia but its a fair deal anyway, either they want your money and are willing to do the cutting/application job or they can just turn you away. You may have better luck if you find a stall with a pretty girl ;p

Just to add to my post above, $10-12 would be the price of the custom protector for the 3inch screen only. If you want to add another one for the top panel LCD, be prepared to fork out a bit more.

Well, for a start sim lim square has many of these vendors. Just scourge the ground level should be enough. If not im sure ANY shopping mall should have shopcart vendors selling screen protectors

They make look like beng-kia but its a fair deal anyway, either they want your money and are willing to do the cutting/application job or they can just turn you away. You may have better luck if you find a stall with a pretty girl ;p

Just to add to my post above, $10-12 would be the price of the custom protector for the 3inch screen only. If you want to add another one for the top panel LCD, be prepared to fork out a bit more.

Lolz Zarray.. The pretty girl thingy works!

I got the screen protector for psp and spend like 1 hour to cut myself. onli cost rm10. haha
Btw, i read somewhere b4 that 7d uses scratch resistance glass for its lcd. dunno whether its true or not.
Can somebody clarify this?

I got the screen protector for psp and spend like 1 hour to cut myself. onli cost rm10. haha
Btw, i read somewhere b4 that 7d uses scratch resistance glass for its lcd. dunno whether its true or not.
Can somebody clarify this?

whether its true or not, you sure you want to risk it? $12 is cheap insurance if you ask me :dunno:

If you don't want to cut, and don't want air bubbles, you could try the glass / stiff protectors.

Mainly the GGS Screen Protector, or the ACMAXX LCD Armour protector.

The GGS Screen Protector however, only covers the rear LCD I believe. Nothing for the top. The ACMAXX protector covers both, but it has a shiny, chromed lip around the protectors, which you may not like.

Sgcamerastore's selling both if I'm correct.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like you prioritize shop with pretty girls first who can cut LCD protector. I will sure look for one first. lol :bsmilie:

The site for Singapore seems down...

Hi icatius, if you don't mind having a hard lcd cover, you can try using this LCD cover that I have recently acquired. It's a hard clear cover with an eyepiece attachment.
photo15.JPG

(pardon the poor image quality - taken by iphone camera under very poor lighting)

I got it from the Peninsula Plaza, ground floor first shop right after the POSB atms along the same pathway down towards Cathay Photo. Sorry I do not remember the name of the shop even though I've been there many times. ;p