Samsung's First DSLR - The GX-1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) no mirror lock up?
2) AF assist using flash? as in strob a few time during AF?
3) hows the noise in 3200?
4) no problem with pentax body, fuji uses nikon body also mah.

as long as it is cheap, reliable, noise level is on par with major players, it is a good camera and worth looking into man.

idor said:
I wonder if it is just a rebadged pentax..:think:

"Nothing we haven't seen before; the GX-1S is a rebadged Pentax *ist DS2" (dpreview) ;p

well, samsung gotta start somewhere, rite? actually, they are not the first electronics company to re-badge an established camera manufacturer's camera. this is one way to get a boost in developing their own capabilities for the future.

i'll wait and see when samsung comes out with their very own DSLR... interesting times ahead. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
"Nothing we haven't seen before; the GX-1S is a rebadged Pentax *ist DS2" (dpreview) ;p

well, samsung gotta start somewhere, rite? actually, they are not the first electronics company to re-badge an established camera manufacturer's camera. this is one way to get a boost in developing their own capabilities for the future.

i'll wait and see when samsung comes out with their very own DSLR... interesting times ahead. :think:

:think: what other brand got rebadged dslr har?

I think Samsung got very good potential to establish its names in the digicam domain. Read its article in TIME magazine. The employees have very strong sense of belonging to their company. Their die-hard attitude is also something admirable.

Bernard Ong said:
I think Samsung got very good potential to establish its names in the digicam domain. Read its article in TIME magazine. The employees have very strong sense of belonging to their company. Their die-hard attitude is also something admirable.

yeah, it is the pride of South Korea!

idor said:
:think: what other brand got rebadged dslr har?

no lah... i wasn't referring to DSLRs. i was referring to electronics companies re-badging other camera companies' products as their own under licensing. IIRC, HP's Photosmart PnS are re-branded pentax PnS, while incorporting HP's only tech inside.

When Samsung say ISO 200-3200, isn't it similar with 100-1600 on 350D?

Status
Not open for further replies.