Samsung EX-1 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this thread with great interest for some time...I sold away my LX3 some time back...and I finally got this wonderful camera at Comex today...yippie!!

Got mine today too with the wide angle adapter:p.

Wow! How much u guys paid for it at the comex? The last offer I got on Friday was $629. :think:

i like to shoot in that perspective. pretty much gives the 16:9 feel that i had on lx3.. haha if only they had built-in panoramic stitching... that will give sony nex users a run for their $!

i love to shoot 16:9 on my canon too, but it is still far from what panoramic do...
o9iyo3.jpg

forgive the poor quality, its shot on my Sony Ericsson camera phone
yes the sony nex is a good shout, the sweep panorama is amazing!

ditto the feeling and opinion is mutual, friend
i dunno the limitation of firmware, but i do hope and pray that Samsung can get this fix by updating the firmware

i love to shoot 16:9 on my canon too, but it is still far from what panoramic do...
o9iyo3.jpg

forgive the poor quality, its shot on my Sony Ericsson camera phone
yes the sony nex is a good shout, the sweep panorama is amazing!

i dunno the limitation of firmware, but i do hope and pray that Samsung can get this fix by updating the firmware

I do hope that they improve their firmware too, furthermore looking at LX5 and the new S95's release - i think they have more reason to be doing so... Nonetheless, its still a good camera for a good price.

LOVE that tilt and swivel screen......... I dont have to smell the subject's feet when doing the shot :bsmilie::bsmilie:

z_madame.jpg

Love that tilt and swivel screen.... I can really peek deeply into things
z_purse.jpg

Wow! How much u guys paid for it at the comex? The last offer I got on Friday was $629. :think:

I got mine at $599 with 2 extra batteries, case, HD cable, 18 gig SD.

I got mine at $599 with 2 extra batteries, case, HD cable, 18 gig SD.

May I know where/who did you get it from. Would like to get one at that price too. Please recommend. Cheers.

May I know where/who did you get it from. Would like to get one at that price too. Please recommend. Cheers.

Was it 1x8G SD or 16G SD?

I paid $599 for camera, pouch, 16Gb SD, 2 spare batt, small tripod, cleaning kit, screen protector + $219 for the wide angle adapter.

Can someone advice on where to get a decent screen protector for the EX1? I got the camera from Alan Photo, but they did not have the screen protector that will fit properly.

I also checked a few shops but none of them sell a 3 inch screen protector that fits the entire screen of EX1. Although Samsung indicates that it is a 3 inch AMOLED screen, its actual size is bigger than 3 inch. That's why all the 3 inch screen protectors can't fit.

wow.. the ex1 seem to be fantastic! i used to have a lumix tz7 that was said to be a superb camera but turns out to have very noisy pictures under dim light.. i hope ex1 will not disappoint me:D any recommendation on where to purchase it?

I paid $599 for camera, pouch, 16Gb SD, 2 spare batt, small tripod, cleaning kit, screen protector + $219 for the wide angle adapter.

Which shop? Please recommend. Cheers.

Now i'm contemplating to source for the ex1's screen protector from ebay, or DIY with a spare iphone screen protector..... each option has more or less some risk...:confused:

Now i'm contemplating to source for the ex1's screen protector from ebay, or DIY with a spare iphone screen protector..... each option has more or less some risk...:confused:

Go to Daiso to buy and DIY. they selling one big piece (7" or 10" forgotton the size) for just $2.

i customized my screen protector from a shop in SLS on 4th floor i think about $12-14 ..... they do customized screen protectors of various sorts for iphones

they will do the cutting and fitting for you

was thinking about the privacy screen protector where you cannot see screen at more than 30degree angle.... but it was a little dark

Last edited:
how do i dial beyond f6.7 while in Av mode while I was at least a couple of stops over exposed and at 1/1500 sec max shutter speed ?

"how do i dial beyond f6.7 while in Av mode while I was at least a couple of stops over exposed and at 1/1500 sec max shutter speed ?"

no you cant .................even with low ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.