Panasonic DMC-LX5
Pentax 645D
Samsung NX10
Samsung TL500 (EX1)
Sony A290
Sony A390
Sony Alpha NEX-3
Sony Alpha NEX-5
Scroll bar arrow performance has been improved.
Please provide feedback on your experience with the Camera Raw 6.2 plug-in and the DNG Converter on the Camera Raw User to User forum.

Someone gave me this oily colorful snack this afternoon, just nice to test for color and oil before taking the bite...

SAM_0130.jpg

Why on earth Raw is so much different then in JPEG ?? OMG !! but Ex1 RAW is good. So many detail and the output is so nice :) Actually, kind of love the RAw output.

The pictures converted from RAW are resized to 2560 pixel on the long side, so thats why the look sharper. And the pictures are all a little bit underexposed for JPGs. I want to underexpose these pictures to keep the clouds in the sky.

And the pictures converted from raw are processed with a lot of settings to get the best out of it. You could also do some post processing with the OOC JPGs.

Originally Posted by peterpan1975
Why on earth Raw is so much different then in JPEG ?? OMG !! but Ex1 RAW is good. So many detail and the output is so nice Actually, kind of love the RAw output.

The pictures converted from RAW are resized to 2560 pixel on the long side, so thats why the look sharper. And the pictures are all a little bit underexposed for JPGs. I want to underexpose these pictures to keep the clouds in the sky.

And the pictures converted from raw are processed with a lot of settings to get the best out of it. You could also do some post processing with the OOC JPGs.

what the !@*#! the raw actually looks kinda HDR to me... great dynamic range... its a world of difference against the JPEG, i didn't even know that... now that adobe LR/photoshop can process the EX1 images - i would definitely shoot raw next time!! haha.

Last edited:
what the !@*#! the raw actually looks kinda HDR to me... great dynamic range... its a world of difference against the JPEG, i didn't even know that... now that adobe LR/photoshop can process the EX1 images - i would definitely shoot raw next time!! haha.

Id is a HDR (lite) image but from a single Raw file.

Id is a HDR (lite) image but from a single Raw file.

did you use photoshop or photomatix to process that? but for a single raw file.. pretty good still.

did you use photoshop or photomatix to process that? but for a single raw file.. pretty good still.

No i just use Lightroom 3.2. With some tricks you can produce good HDR (lite) pictures from a single raw file with Lightroom. I did this before with Raw files from my Canon 40D.

Hmm...interesting. Is it difficult to learn the tricks and functions for RAW in Lightroom and Photoshop?

Hmm...interesting. Is it difficult to learn the tricks and functions for RAW in Lightroom and Photoshop?

No, you can use my template ;)

Here is the Template for Lightroom 3.2:
http://www.qul.ch/bilder/EX1/HDR_from_single_SRW.lrtemplate

i think you have to copy it in this folder:

C:\Users\[insert your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\User Presets

or use the import function in the Lightroom.

Can anyone update the latest offer? Is it still S$699? Any news whether it will be dropped to S$499 in coming electronics expo? I'm really impressed but the quality !

$399 at Amazon

Can anyone update the latest offer? Is it still S$699? Any news whether it will be dropped to S$499 in coming electronics expo? I'm really impressed but the quality !

harvey norman funan $579, look for tommy. :)

USD or S$? Before shipping charges I suppose. Will check it out. Thanks.

Tks. Appreciate the referal.

EX1 for 389 USD:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-TL500...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282546337&sr=8-1

Here some new pictures.
All were taken as RAW and developed in Lightroom 3.2.

Since LR 3.2 is out I use RAW (SRW) as much as possible.
The pseudo HDR look is applied with just one klick on my template.

http://www.qul.ch/bilder/EX1/SAM_2603.jpg

http://www.qul.ch/bilder/EX1/SAM_2613.jpg

http://www.qul.ch/bilder/EX1/SAM_2696.jpg

Last edited:
i am starting to like this camera alot more now that i can use the DNG converter to convert the SRW files to edit on my CS4, can't use ACR 6.2 cause thats made only for CS5... ):

just to share a few shots taken at changi boardwalk, edited with cs4 curves and imagenomic noise reduction plugin

4935394828_e4a3055fdb_b.jpg

4934799455_e9738a2bb4_b.jpg

4935394188_7b02fde0a2_b.jpg

--

imo, the swivel screen has helped me to compose a lot better, as i was shooting hand held at some difficult angles without a tripod.... think it would've much harder if i used a LX3. thankfully, the LX5 is pretty expensive and i dont think i regretted getting this camera looking at my shots once more... its a pretty sweet camera, close to a DSLR for a very reasonable price.

only complain is that i wished the refresh rates were faster, shooting raw can be a pain waiting to refresh... then again, its just p&s, perhaps im expecting too much... :D

Shots taken can match those from DSLR.
Btw, is the shutter speed fast when pressed? How is this compared to SLR?

Shots taken can match those from DSLR.
Btw, is the shutter speed fast when pressed? How is this compared to SLR?

Slow. No where close to dslr. Slower than my LX3 in the past even if i recall.
Thats the major limitation of a point & shoot

So, where can i get the cheapest price for this camera in SIngapore ? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.