[Sam]'s 15day winter Japan trip to Hokkaido & Kyushu

Thanks. And yes, the price is very reasonable, considering that it's a themepark's hotel.

No prob. :) I agree, I remember being so lost when I started researching for my 1st Japan trip back in 2010. But like you mentioned, once you start to get the hang of it, it's actually not that difficult and it's fun as well.

Since my "series" is ending soon, I have just started a Japan F&E guide on my travelblog. Will slowly expand on it.
Go Away, Sam...: Japan F&E guide

well done Sam.:)

just curious, how many times have you been to Japan.

You seems frequent Japan often.

well done Sam.:)

just curious, how many times have you been to Japan.

You seems frequent Japan often.

5 times. Once when I was very young, then in Nov 2010, Jul 2011, Nov 2011, Feb 2012.

Been to Hokkaido (Sapporo/Otaru/Asahikawa/Sounkyo Onsen/Tomamu/Noboribetsu/Lake Toya/Hakodate), Tokyo, Gotemba, Nagoya, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu (Yufuin, Fukuoka, Oita, Nagasaki)

My other thread is here

Last edited:
Sam, try Shikoku...(?) I've been there only for short business trip few times and wanted to go back there again for leisure. It is a very unbeaten track to travel (maybe only in my view). Beautiful scenes from the road carved out on the cliff side at one area. Lots of fish farms below...... Even if I may not be there soon, you can go and shoot...love your pictures.

Sam, try Shikoku...(?) I've been there only for short business trip few times and wanted to go back there again for leisure. It is a very unbeaten track to travel (maybe only in my view). Beautiful scenes from the road carved out on the cliff side at one area. Lots of fish farms below...... Even if I may not be there soon, you can go and shoot...love your pictures.

Yeah, I've thought of that but not going to Japan in the near future....need to save up again. 4 trips within 14months kinda tough on the wallet sia. Haha.

I'd like to go Shikoku and Kyushu on the next trip if possible. Maybe Tohoku as well, but that's gonna wait till the Fukushima situation gets under control.

5 times. Once when I was very young, then in Nov 2010, Jul 2011, Nov 2011, Feb 2012.

Been to Hokkaido (Sapporo/Otaru/Asahikawa/Sounkyo Onsen/Tomamu/Noboribetsu/Lake Toya/Hakodate), Tokyo, Gotemba, Nagoya, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu (Yufuin, Fukuoka, Oita, Nagasaki)

My other thread is here

i frequent Japan too, been to aot of places except kyushu and okinawa. Planning kyushu this year if got time. your pics really amaze me.

i frequent Japan too, been to aot of places except kyushu and okinawa. Planning kyushu this year if got time. your pics really amaze me.

If you are heading to Kyushu, give Yufuin a try. Ryokans there are a tad expensive, but I like the place...esp during winter where there's a layer of mist above the surface of the lake.

I would like to visit Kagoshima and Nagasaki in future. Didn't had time this time round.

If you are heading to Kyushu, give Yufuin a try. Ryokans there are a tad expensive, but I like the place...esp during winter where there's a layer of mist above the surface of the lake.

I would like to visit Kagoshima and Nagasaki in future. Didn't had time this time round.

ok, i will take note of that. thank. :)

Day 14: Huis Ten Bosch to Fukuoka

645) Tickets for Thousand Sunny cruise at Huis Ten Bosch

646) Inside the ship

647)

648) Chopper

649)

650)

651)

652)

653) And we are off....

654)

Last edited:
655)

656)

657)

658)

659)

660)

661) Our lunch at Huis Ten Bosch before we leave the place

662) Spoons made from Real Chocolates!

663) These bottled drinks at Kyushu came with a free One Piece figurine (total set of 9) and the dear hubby bought 7 bottles just in Huis Ten Bosch! He got the other 2 designs from Fukuoka.

659)

660)

661) Our lunch at Huis Ten Bosch before we leave the place

662) Spoons made from Real Chocolates!

663) These bottled drinks at Kyushu came with a free One Piece figurine (total set of 9) and the dear hubby bought 7 bottles just in Huis Ten Bosch! He got the other 2 designs from Fukuoka.

We then finally left Huis Ten Bosch around noontime and headed for Fukuoka.

664) Canal City Hakata at Fukuoka

665) Moomin cafe at Canal City Hakata

666) Jump Shop at Canal City Hakata

667)

668) Slam dunk, anyone?

We then finally left Huis Ten Bosch around noontime and headed for Fukuoka.

664) Canal City Hakata at Fukuoka

665) Moomin cafe at Canal City Hakata

666) Jump Shop at Canal City Hakata

667)

668) Slam dunk, anyone?

669) Had dinner (Tonkotsu Ramen) at a yatai (food stall)

670) Card holders sold at Tokyu Hands store at Hakata station.

Our purchases:

671) My Miffy stuffs

672)

673) Yeah. Miffy shaped nori (seaweed)

674) Our combined One Piece stuffs (80% of these belong to the hubby)

675) His One Piece figurine collection (the ones that comes free with the bottled drink)

676) Rilakkuma card holders

677) The back

---End of Day 14----

Coming up next, Day 15: Day trip to Mojiko, then Fukuoka to Singapore.

Reading Sam's thad is like reading a very nice travel journal, it gives me the feeling of wanting to re-visit Japan just like how I want to eat good sushi when watching the documentary about Jiro, the only Michelin 3 star sushi chef, also nicknamed God of sushi.

Time for you to go Japan again then :) There's so many beautiful places in Japan for you to explore.

The next time I go Japan (well, not anything soon I guess, since 4 times in just over a year is kinda taxing on the wallet already. Hee...), I guess I'd like to explore more of Kyushu and Shikoku areas.

Day 15: Mojiko, then Fukuoka fly to Tokyo, Tokyo back to Singapore

Looking back on this old thread of mine, I realised that I have yet to post the pics of the last day of this particular trip. Apologies for the long delay.

For this day, since our flight is in the evening, therefore we had some time in the day to make a short trip to Mojiko in Kyushu before we had to head for the airport.

Mojiko is a small town, where the bridge connecting Kyushu to Honshu is located at.

678) Taking train towards Mojiko. This particular train (like many Japanese trains) have toilet onboard the train.

679)

680)

681) The train we took to Mojiko

682) Mojiko station. This station is old and very retro.

683) Retro looking Mojiko station

684) Walking towards the train museum near Mojiko station

685) Train museum at Mojiko

687)

688)