[Sam]'s 15day winter Japan trip to Hokkaido & Kyushu

samtcy

Mar 27, 2006
Hi, it's me again.
Thought about posting this trip's pics on my other Japan thread but then I decided to make another separate thread instead since I'm already squeezing 2 trips' worth of pics on that other thread.

Here's our itinerary for this Feb 2012's trip:
Day 1 (8/2) Singapore to Tokyo Narita, Narita to Shin-Chitose Airport.
Day 2 (9/2) Day trip to Otaru
Day 3 (10/2) Sapporo
Day 4 (11/2) Sapporo to Sounkyo Onsen
Day 5 (12/2) Sounkyo Onsen to Asahikawa
Day 6 (13/2) Asahikawa to Tomamu
Day 7 (14/2) Tomamu to Lake Toya
Day 8 (15/2) Lake Toya to Hakodate
Day 9 (16/2) Overnight train "Twilight Express" from Toya to Osaka.
Day 10 (17/2) Arrive at Osaka from Twilight Express train. Then from Shin-Osaka to Hakata.
Day 11 (18/2) Hakata to Yufuin.
Day 12 (19/2) Yufuin to Sanrio Harmonyland, Harmonyland to Hakata.
Day 13 (20/2) Hakata to Huis Ten Bosch (One Piece themepark attractions in Huis Ten Bosch till March 2012)
Day 14 (21/2) Huis Ten Bosch to Hakata
Day 15 (22/2) Daytrip to Mojiko, then Fukuoka Airport to Tokyo Haneda, Haneda to Singapore.

--Samantha

Last edited:
Day 1: Singapore to Tokyo, Tokyo to Sapporo Shin-Chitose Airport.
Didn't really take much pics on this day since we spent the entire day on the planes or in airports or chasing after trains.

1) Taking JAL plane to Hokkaido (via Tokyo Narita).

The thing I don't like about Narita airport is that it is a very busy airport. Our plane had to queue for quite awhile (nearly 45mins) before being able to takeoff. I was able to take a nap, read the in-flight magazines...and the plane is still waiting for takeoff. -.-

2) Baggage carousel at Shin-Chitose airport.

3) Our hotel room for our 1st 3 nights of the trip at Chisun Inn Sapporo hotel, about 7mins walk away from Sapporo station. (8000yen per night, slightly more expensive than normal since it was Sapporo Snow Fest week)

Day 2: Sapporo (Nijo Market & Sapporo Snow festival)

4) took this while walking from our hotel to Nijo Market

5) Packets of sand for pedestrians to scatter on the ground at traffic junctions (for more friction)

6)

7) Clean snow vs dirty snow

8) Pavements at Sapporo...usually slippery.

9) Still walking towards Nijo Market

10)

11) Nijo Market.

12) My hubby's fave...Ikura!

13) Kani!! (Crabs)

14) What hubby ate. Salmon Ikura donburi

15)

16)

glad to see you posting again. Seems like you travel to Japan quite regularly! Wished i had the budget and time to do so too.. Post more :)

17) View from Sapporo TV tower

18) Snow Festival at Odori Park

19) Ice skating rink

20)

21)

Last edited:
glad to see you posting again. Seems like you travel to Japan quite regularly! Wished i had the budget and time to do so too.. Post more :)

Yeah, I've been posting on a few forums so kinda neglected clubsnap for awhile. However, this is the 1st forum i've posted my recent Hokkaido/Kyushu trip's pics (other than my own facebook). Took enough photos to fill 8 CF cards (plus another 3 SD cards on my compact cam) on this trip.

Yes, I've been to Japan in:
- Nov 2010 (Tokyo/Kyoto/Hokkaido)
- July 2011 (Kobe/Miyajima/Hiroshima/Kyoto/Osaka/Takayama)
- Nov 2011 (Tokyo/Okayama/Gotemba/Kyoto/Kanazawa)
- Feb 2012 (Hokkaido/Kyushu)

Kinda crazy I know. :)

Last edited:
22) Me and hubby with TV Tower mascot

23) After 1 too many slips on the slippery pavements, we bought the spiked sole attachments (from 7-11, about 680yen) and sat down to attach it on our shoes. It's cheap and it works!

24) Snowboarding exhibition (or was it a competition...not sure which)

25)

26) Saw this little girl amusing herself with the snow while her parents were watching the Snowboarding exhibit

Last edited:
27)

28)

29)

30)

31)

32)

33)

34)

35)

36) One Piece's Chopper

37) Rilakkuma

38)

39)

40)

41)

42)

43)

44)

45)

46)

Last edited:
47) Jaws

48)

49)

50)

51)

52)

53)

54) Mario

55)

56)

Last edited:
57) One Piece snow sculpture. Think I hear screams coming from One Piece fans. Don't worry fans, there'll be more (much much more, way more) One Piece stuffs coming up on this trip. Heh.

58)

59) One Piece mini-shop, just next to the snow sculpture.

60)

61)

By the way, I also have a video (recorded off the news on tv) of excavators destroying this One Piece snow sculpture on the day after Snow Fest is over. *evil grin*
Just for the record, my hubby is a One Piece fan, but I am not.

Last edited:
62) Hong Kong team

63) Malaysia team

64) Taiwan team

65) Singapore team

66) Thailand team

67) Dirty snow

68) Tram

69) Mos burger. Pork Katsu burger + chicken nuggets + iced cocoa

70) Ice Festival at Susukino

71)

Sam, Welcome back. Fan of yours....Kyushu is such a unbeaten track and so much fun...enjoy your pictures as usual. Haha now I know what you mean when you said you asked your hubby to carry your heavy stuff? He is heavy duty...hehehe

Last edited:
Hi.
Thanks for the support :)
Yes, I agree that Kyushu is fun, lovely countryside views too. Would have loved to spend more time there.
I like Yufuin and Huis Ten Bosch (Miffy for me, One Piece for the hubby).
We loved Huis Ten Bosch so much we decided to forgo Nagasaki instead and spend an extra half a day there. :)

Hehe, that comment about asking my hubby help me carry my stuffs was made so long ago, u still remember arh? :)
Nah, during travels, I carry my own stuffs since he have to carry his own DSLR and luggage as well. *flex arm*