SAFRA unscrupulous way of recruiting members

Status
Not open for further replies.
And frankly I dont know if u can cease being a member of Safra and suscription to Pioneer. I think it is complusary. The last I checked my OC needs to endorse cancellation which he refused to do so. He said u are a serviceman and you must stay in the loop and also Safra is for bonding between Servicemen. So LL PL

it's not compulsory.

Yes. It is not compulsory. They wrongfully deducted as well. I wrote in and they promptly apologised and returned the membership fee to me via a cheque. This was hmmm... about 2 years ago.

Yes it is totally not compulsory. I am not a SAFRA member and I don't receive PIONEER. If your OC refuses to let you terminate, then he is abusing his power and he can be the subject of a court martial.

And frankly I dont know if u can cease being a member of Safra and suscription to Pioneer. I think it is complusary.

The last I checked my OC needs to endorse cancellation which he refused to do so. He said u are a serviceman and you must stay in the loop and also Safra is for bonding between Servicemen. So LL PL

I unsubscribed Pioneer Magazine dunno like 7-8 yrs ago.

When you received your Pioneer Magazine, there is a white paper with an option to unsubscribe it. Mail it back with the option tick.

And they will stopped mailing you the magazine.

Bond??
I have 10 years bond with MINDEF....and i think that is sufficient enough. :bsmilie:

Tell your OC, who need a magazine when one can find the latest news on nsmen website.
Save the trees, save environment. Go online.

:p ;) :p

]I did NOT insult you, yet you replied in a condescending manner and deemed me stupid by virtue of my suggestion.

I refuse to bring myself down to your level and shall refrain from replying to your insult.

Suggestions or unhelpful remarks?
Everyone can sense that.

It is better for you to refrain any replies when your so-called "suggestions" doesn't help any.
And you can always keep your level as high as the ivory tower.

Have a nice wkend.

;) :confused: ;)

Yes. It is not compulsory. They wrongfully deducted as well. I wrote in and they promptly apologised and returned the membership fee to me via a cheque. This was hmmm... about 2 years ago.

Hmmm...seems like this "ploy" had been going for years.....

Thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

Looks like everything here is wrong, from the threadstarter, semantics and clubsnap. :bsmilie:

Yes, but it was painfully clear that you were seeking redress, and were not receiving it.

Your primary objestive of starting the thread is painfully obvious - to rant and rave because you were pissed off, then you tried to make yourself look good by putting in a secondary objective of warning others. Please save us the cloaked 'niceness'!

Absolutely no further comments since you appear to know everthing and please don't bother trying to distract by your amaturish use of semantics (which you probably would).

ON A PERSONAL NOTE: I did NOT insult you, yet you replied in a condescending manner and deemed me stupid by virtue of my suggestion. If that's not a clear insult, and a freudlant slip uncloaking your character and personality, or lack thereof, I don't what is. Is it any bloody wonder why CS is often viewed as a hostile and unfriendly place?

I refuse to bring myself down to your level and shall refrain from replying to your insult.

CHEERS!

U are a NSMAN right? All Nsman who have served national service are automatically Safra members. Safra is open only to Nsman and servicemen and women. When you were in NS, you were asked to give bank account for entering your pay? Well that is the account that all financial transactions pertaining to SAF go through. Deducting the Safra membership fees from your ICT pay is common and accepted practice.

And frankly I dont know if u can cease being a member of Safra and suscription to Pioneer. I think it is complusary. The last I checked my OC needs to endorse cancellation which he refused to do so. He said u are a serviceman and you must stay in the loop and also Safra is for bonding between Servicemen. So LL PL

No. Being a reservist does not mean you join SAFRA automatically, you still need to fill in form, sign, pay up, ie need to register.

Oh. And do remember this, without written instruction to terminate, they will just happily renew it year after year at the most expensive rate (which is the 1-year membership, as opposed to cheaper rates in the 3-year and 5-year)

Status
Not open for further replies.