S602Z hotshoe spoil already

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielG

May 10, 2002
austvilleinsg.com
My S602Z's hotshoe spoil already...

I've been using a Achiever external flash on this camera. The hotshoe has a black colour metal frame covering the silver colour metal hotshoe. See this photo to see what I mean.

camera-top.jpg

On my S602Z, the black colour metal frame has fell out. Now my hotshoe only shows the silver frame with 4 little screws that I think is for holding the hotshoe to the body. But this fault does not affect the function of the hotshoe, I can still use the external flash.

Anyone also have this problem?

The camera is still under warranty... Anyone know if I can get it repaired? Or is this considered rough handling...

May I know how did u damage it?

Originally posted by DanielG
My S602Z's hotshoe spoil already...

I've been using a Achiever external flash on this camera. The hotshoe has a black colour metal frame covering the silver colour metal hotshoe. See this photo to see what I mean.

On my S602Z, the black colour metal frame has fell out. Now my hotshoe only shows the silver frame with 4 little screws that I think is for holding the hotshoe to the body. But this fault does not affect the function of the hotshoe, I can still use the external flash.

Anyone also have this problem?

The camera is still under warranty... Anyone know if I can get it repaired? Or is this considered rough handling...

I also donno what I did. Just use the camera and flash to take photos for 1 day. 2nd day when trying to put the flash into the hotshoe, notice the black metal plate has curve up, thus preventing the flash from sliding into the hotshoe. Use a sharp metal pin to try push down the black metal plate.... in the end the whole thing come loose, but still able to put back into place (though is loose and not glue/wedge down tight). After the phototaking session took out the flash, didn't notice the black plate missing until much later.... think must have dropped it while sliding out the flash.

Maybe will bring down to Fujifilm repair centre in the next 2 days to get it fix.

I read somewhere that someone here used a multimeter to measure the voltage of the Achiever and it read 200V? Is that the a possible reason? The high voltage caused extreme heating and thus the metal plate warped?

Originally posted by TME
I read somewhere that someone here used a multimeter to measure the voltage of the Achiever and it read 200V? Is that the a possible reason? The high voltage caused extreme heating and thus the metal plate warped?

that's me on an Achiever 260T. but Streetshooter found that his Achiever 260T is ok.

Originally posted by mpenza

that's me on an Achiever 260T. but Streetshooter found that his Achiever 260T is ok.

Did it short out the hotshoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.