S1/S2/S3/S5/SX1/SX10 pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the first 2 photos! Very nice!

How did you get the yellow background in the 3rd photo???

I still can't get it for night photography....can give me some tips besides asking telling me tripod tripod tripod! My night photograph doesnt come out as clear as yours : (

I still can't get it for night photography....can give me some tips besides asking telling me tripod tripod tripod! My night photograph doesnt come out as clear as yours : (

Tripod!!!! ;p

Are you sure your camera is focusing at the right spot? You might want to post some pictures as examples, along with the settings you used and also how you took the picture.

Here are some shots from my 8 days holiday in 东北 in NorthEastern China about 2 weeks ago. It was like -35degC .

Paid S$484 / HK$2520 for my SX10IS on boxing day, just the day before my trip. I had used the SX100IS earlier, so most of the functions setting are about familiar.

IMG_0145-1.jpg

IMG_0204-1.jpg

IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0512-1.jpg

Last edited:
Taken with 20X & teleconverter

IMG_1233-1.jpg

IMG_1454-1.jpg

IMG_1535-1.jpg

Taken at max 20X zoom or about 531mm on a 35mm camera, handheld. The IS works perfectly.

IMG_1752-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one photo I took on New Year's eve of the Taipei 101 Tower which didn't come out very well.

IMG_0597.jpg

Settings are f/3.2, 0.8 sec and ISO 200, no flash, on tripod, self timer

Last edited:
Hi guys

My contribution for this thread...

Shot this with SX10 IS + DCR250
Handheld with diffused on board flash

3217534076_b81128512c_o.jpg

more can be seen in Macro section..

Last edited:
My first experiment with DCR250:-

Fly.jpg

kengster.... I would say you have captured nicely with yr DCR250...

^^ wow those two macro shots are awesome. did you use flash, kengster? Its not showing in its eyes.

Here's a proof i don't neglect my baby.
THE TOUCH
3215536536_20c511b684.jpg

^^ wow those two macro shots are awesome. did you use flash, kengster? Its not showing in its eyes.

No did not use flash. Shot using tripod and DIY-ed light tent(with Toyogo box). Insect was already quite dead and so had a bit of time to set up (in between CNY spring cleaning). Having problems getting the right focus at the eyes thought - LCD screen is too small to see clearly (eye sight not so good).

Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Night shot

Very very common place for night photography.....Hehe

Pls don't get bored.....

3220868272_aa18e5cfc4.jpg

3220016041_b105acce0b.jpg

Tks for viewing

Nice pics. For the 1st pic, my personal feel is that the top is too tight and the sky line was cut by the building on the right. :)

Night shot

Very very common place for night photography.....Hehe

Pls don't get bored.....

3220868272_aa18e5cfc4.jpg

3220016041_b105acce0b.jpg

Tks for viewing

Tks Lastboltnut for pointing it out anyway i have no choice but to crop it away to remove the distortion and 28mm is not wide enough to frame the shot i wanted....

I guess must invest in raynox wide converter.... BBB :devil::devil:

Having problems getting the right focus at the eyes thought - LCD screen is too small to see clearly (eye sight not so good).

It is a problem doing this. You end up shooting a number of shots, hoping one of them is a hit, especially if you zoom out all the way. DCR-250 + 420mm lens is too powerful! Try using the LCD on a S2IS, will drive you mad. :bsmilie:

How do you focus?

You can try this. Set manual focus to infinity. Then move the camera towards/away from the subject till you feel the eye is in focus.

O, you did perspective correction in PP? Oic. You can try not to crop, but clone the sky to fill the blanks. Next time have to shoot with more space to provide for this purpose. Best is if you can shoot with camera horizontal, then don't have much to correct in PP. :)

Tks Lastboltnut for pointing it out anyway i have no choice but to crop it away to remove the distortion and 28mm is not wide enough to frame the shot i wanted....

I guess must invest in raynox wide converter.... BBB :devil::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.