S1/S2/S3 pics. thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, now I missed my S3 at times.....36-432mm, from Super Macro to Super Tele, all in one lens.....very convenient.....to be frank, it is the low light shooting that made me change to DSLR....I realised I need low light capability very much, as my home is not very well lit and I shoot alot at home, at my baby who is so fast in action, so slow shutter doesn't work.....only get grainy pic if I use ISO800....so, now I am waiting for my fast f1.4 lens...;p

But still, S3 is super convenient!!!:thumbsup:

Actually i quite agree with lastboltnut on the low light shooting. Hah, thats why i also got an entry dSLR and a lense to explore on.

But the IS and the convenience of the zoom is really convenient. Great for day shoots out.

I have a question on pic #4: why is the thin DOF plane not parallel to the sensor plane? it seems the DOF plane cuts across at an angle. TIA.

May be he did some cropping and rotation during PP...

I did do cropping but no rotation was done on this batch. I am not 100% sure why this happened but there are 2 posibilities that I can think of:

1) When I mounted the DCR250, it was not Parallel to the camera lens.
2) The wooden beam was not flat, causing the plane of focus to appear slanted.

Did not really notice this till you pointed it out. Next time when I shoot I will try to see if I can figure this out.

Hi! I like your #1 and 2!! Especially the eye pattern of #2.

Thanks, lastboldnut! I'm surprised you prefer the first 2 to the spider pics. I'm personally a sucker for nice bright colours and found the first 2 a little dull in that aspect. However, I did find the details on the compound eyes interesting as well when I looked at it at 100%.

I am sure colour can be PPed...so sharpness is most important.:thumbsup:

Thanks, lastboldnut! I'm surprised you prefer the first 2 to the spider pics. I'm personally a sucker for nice bright colours and found the first 2 a little dull in that aspect. However, I did find the details on the compound eyes interesting as well when I looked at it at 100%.

I am sure colour can be PPed...so sharpness is most important.:thumbsup:

At such thin DOF, there is some element of luck involved in being focussed just at the right place on the subject. Taking tons of pics continuously helps too :p

Hi,

I got a question, why is it that the picture i took showed that my insect eyes is OOF but when i cropped in it is not? so is the shooting technique or is it the computer?

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1525_Cropped.jpg

Help me Please anyone?

How about when you view at 100% with the original? Should be the same. What I can see here in the thread is resized/compressed for posting right? So cannot tell.

Hi,

I got a question, why is it that the picture i took showed that my insect eyes is OOF but when i cropped in it is not? so is the shooting technique or is it the computer?

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1525_Cropped.jpg

Help me Please anyone?

wow all nice shots...cool...been foolowing S3 IS user thread and have learnt quite a lot and also obtained a lot of information of S3IS.

Recently i went to the sea and brought S3IS underwater..here is how it came out:

img3256cg1.jpg

img3259bm6.jpg

porcelainso6.jpg

shorse1afu6.jpg

smoth4bd1.jpg

more...

img3652ku8.jpg

shorse3mu0.jpg

img3614oy6.jpg

not cheap, more xpensive than the camera...:p

Ikelite? Those things go for US$700.... :eek:

Really good stuff though.

hehe yeah man..cerebrus, you are UW guy as well?u seems to know ikelite stuff as well..heheh...anyway imi quite happy with the casing. Very good service and robust casing.

hehe yeah man..cerebrus, you are UW guy as well?u seems to know ikelite stuff as well..heheh...anyway imi quite happy with the casing. Very good service and robust casing.

Nah, not UW guy. Im just bored and like to keep my self informed about this stuff. Have seen Ikelite cases before, really solid construction.

Nah, not UW guy. Im just bored and like to keep my self informed about this stuff. Have seen Ikelite cases before, really solid construction.

wow cool....a real enthusiast though...yeah i would say its very solid compared to my old conventional canon casing

will post my land photos tonight. Some night shots i did not use tripod and flash, but high ISO instead. What i found is very noisy pics...what is the essence for taking night shots w/o flash? tripod?

wow cool....a real enthusiast though...yeah i would say its very solid compared to my old conventional canon casing

will post my land photos tonight. Some night shots i did not use tripod and flash, but high ISO instead. What i found is very noisy pics...what is the essence for taking night shots w/o flash? tripod?
Only was is a tripod. Small sensors are really noisy once you increase the ISO.

posted these shots from my S2 in another thread...

IMG_8077-1.jpg

IMG_7346-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.