Rumour: New Fuji SLR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my own gut feel, others may not feel the same:

If Fuji were to introduce their own body and lenses, I will definitely consider it more seriously then I do now. The way that things are now, Fuji cameras are just like 2nd cousins to the N bodies. Except for the DR, I have not consider any of their other capabilities. I think Kodak took this route of buying N bodies as well and they too have died.

A good DSLR will need a intelligent sensor with wide DR & low noise, sharp lens, Camera with good feature....etc. Just that Fujifilm are focus on other business. Based on their capabilities, I belief they should be able to develop a camera much better than C & N.
Many photographers whom switched from Film to digital, they are impress on Fujifilm's DR and Color. When they heart Fujifilm DSLR is going to EOL, many of them rush to buy S5Pro.
because they worry... can't get a camera with such DR & color any more.
Nevertheless, I still hope that Fujifilm can Continuous their DSLR.
Dream .....again... ?? Please wake me up....

ps. CLS is not mandatory, but studio photographers, wedding, portrait/fashion photographers, as well as many others depend a lot on it :)
Just for my opinion,
If I can get a good camera with good lenses, the CLS is consider secondary.
because CLS is not the only solution.
May be... I am "lao liao" and like to use old method.
CLS...? What is this.. ??.? I don't know..leh?

I take it that you are joking that you don't know about CLS :)
anyway it's OT.

Last edited:
Sigma DP2 lens better leh... prime.
but can't compare la.. diff usage.. f200 also cheaper rite?
ps. think moi saving up for D700 successor riao :eek: ... not putting too much hope in S6 le :(

Last edited:
Sigma DP2 lens better leh... prime.
but can't compare la.. diff usage.. f200 also cheaper rite?
ps. think moi saving up for D700 successor riao :eek: ... not putting too much hope in S6 le :(

i see.. i guess i will stick to my s5 till i see smth nice come along. these days i shoot quite alot wide as well so FF be nice :D

Any possibility that Fuji will sell their sensor technology to N/C/S/O/P brand? :dunno:

very unlikely......
CCD consumes more power than CMOS. And CCD is also slower than CMOS in terms of storing images. This is probably the reason why S5pro is not "machine-gun fast" because the writing process to memory card takes time. And also, this is most probably why Fuji's MP is always rather small compared to the competitors. THe bigger the MP, the more power it will consume, and the slower it will be.

On the positive side, super CCD gives better dynamic range despite not having bigger pixels. ANd super CCD handles noise better compared to CMOS.

Even Canon engineers admit that CCD & CMOS will co-exist and not win over the other.

http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/White Papers/Canon_CMOS_WP.pdf

Just refer to the CCD sensor directly.

Now..... this is most probably the reason why Fuji might not come out with a Full Frame sensor for S7Pro............ :dunno:

i been a big fan of fuji... when i get a 1st Dslr.. i was consider about s5pro..but the price was high..so i just get a Nikon D80... but if there is a S6pro... coming out in 1 or 2 years time... i am sure i will start eat mud...

is there any chance that Fuji will come out with a new body??

i been a big fan of fuji... when i get a 1st Dslr.. i was consider about s5pro..but the price was high..so i just get a Nikon D80... but if there is a S6pro... coming out in 1 or 2 years time... i am sure i will start eat mud...

is there any chance that Fuji will come out with a new body??

I don't see why not. Especially if they have the technology sitting there and without a body can't use it.

The person that I spoke to and gave me the info I wrote a few posts back, has actually spoken to Fuji and suggested this.

His suggestion was to make their own body .... but more than one .... each having different mounts.

Something like a "C" mount body and a "N" mount body.

Bare in mind that Fuji do also make lens. They could do the whole thing Fuji :think:

If their technology is as good as it is meant to be, could you imagine the impact that 4 body mounts would to... "Canon" ... "Nikon" ... "Olympus" ... "Minolta"

They would clean up :bigeyes:

I don't see why not. Especially if they have the technology sitting there and without a body can't use it.

The person that I spoke to and gave me the info I wrote a few posts back, has actually spoken to Fuji and suggested this.

His suggestion was to make their own body .... but more than one .... each having different mounts.

Bare in mind that Fuji do also make lens. They could do the whole thing Fuji :think:

If their technology is as good as it is meant to be, could you imagine the impact that 4 body mounts would to... "Canon" ... "Nikon" ... "Olympus" ... "Minolta"

yea.. i agree. fuji is losing alot $$ not producing lenses. sell bodies only cant cover cost. but i stil think they should produce lenses F mount too maybe? haha

i hope them dun do that... if yes... then i will have to sale all my nikon mount lens and jump to fuji...

I hope Fuji stick with F mount only, cuz I want to let the L lens ppl smell the smoke. wahaha.

every1 are waiting...

Just afraid if afterall it is only a rumour how? :embrass:

I think the new S6pro have to wait for at least a year or so..it's not gonna happen anytime soon... I am reading this thread and i think if Fuji comes out with their own Fujinon lense, the competition will be even tougher for C & N especially Nikon if Fujifilm continue to use their F mount system. Lets wait for the new S6pro!

I think the new S6pro have to wait for at least a year or so..it's not gonna happen anytime soon... I am reading this thread and i think if Fuji comes out with their own Fujinon lense, the competition will be even tougher for C & N especially Nikon if Fujifilm continue to use their F mount system. Lets wait for the new S6pro!

i doubt their new line of lens will be up. its suicide from them. like u say v crowded liao still l wanna fight.

........i think if Fuji comes out with their own Fujinon lense, the competition will be even tougher for C & N especially Nikon if Fujifilm continue to use their F mount system. Lets wait for the new S6pro!

I would prefer Fujifilm to continue using Nikon's F mount but build their own camera body and develop CMOS sensors. Switching to a new mount will cause it to lose customers as not many people can afford to follow the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.