Rumour: New Fuji SLR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Fuji have not dismantled their SLR factory.

They actually made a few proto types of the S6Pro and sent it to "*" to have it checked out.

Was based on the x7xx body and has a full frame EXR sensor.

"*" said, "NO" it is so good that we won't be able to sell our x7xx :bigeyes:

Maybe Fuji will create their own body for it and use either their own lens (they do make them) or make different bodies to take either of the major lens out there.

Sorry for the "*" and the x's but you will work out what I am referring to ;)

I have no reason to dis-believe the source of this information by the way.

So, it will come. It will knock some socks off the competition. But when ???????

Cheers :)

sounds very cool. but if they're going full frame, frankly i don't think can afford it........ :cry:

No Fuji have not dismantled their SLR factory.

They actually made a few proto types of the S6Pro and sent it to "*" to have it checked out.

Was based on the x7xx body and has a full frame EXR sensor.

"*" said, "NO" it is so good that we won't be able to sell our x7xx :bigeyes:

Maybe Fuji will create their own body for it and use either their own lens (they do make them) or make different bodies to take either of the major lens out there.

Sorry for the "*" and the x's but you will work out what I am referring to ;)

I have no reason to dis-believe the source of this information by the way.

So, it will come. It will knock some socks off the competition. But when ???????

Cheers :)

Seems like "*" is Nikon and x7xx is the D700. So Nikon won't allow Fuji to sell the S6pro uf it is too close to the D700? It also seems like they're planning a FF camera if they're using the D700.

S6pro.png

Hahaha...

its in Chinese, not Japanese. fake.... :nono:

definitely is fake, 25M resolution lol

But a full frame super CCD EXR & 23 MP is definitely to good to pass......
This will definitely kill the competition.... :think:

they have their own bodies and lenses esp for those MF cameras what.
but for 35mm it's not cost effective. Furthermore they don't quite have something like the CLS which is one huge advantage of Nikon SLR system.

How i wish Nikon can use fujifilm sensor... It would be everyone dreams come true.:cool:

they have their own bodies and lenses esp for those MF cameras what.
but for 35mm it's not cost effective. Furthermore they don't quite have something like the CLS which is one huge advantage of Nikon SLR system.
s5 gotch cls control :eek:

no mehss?

if they do make their own bodies..
then it will not have CLS already :)
they would have to reinvent the whole wheel again and come out with their own flash system - which is damn stupid :)

thats' why in the first place they decide to just stick with buying nikon body, cos the system is very comprehensive.

Last edited:
if they do make their own bodies..
then it will not have CLS already :)
they would have to reinvent the whole wheel again and come out with their own flash system - which is damn stupid :)

thats' why in the first place they decide to just stick with buying nikon body, cos the system is very comprehensive.

Please take notes that CLS is not mandatory for most photographers.
Fujifilm may notice that using Nikon body is not a long terms solution.
Since they have experience on Sensor, Lens, P&S & medium format camera.
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/1814...format-camera/
For Fujifilm to develop a DSLR is not a problem,
It is depend whether Fujifilm is interested & willing to invest on this business.

If it had been a better option in the first place they would develop their own mount and sell it already :)
With the minute market share of Fuji DSLR(go check last year's sale in Japan, it can't even compare to Olympus or Pentax), it does not make any business sense to venture into 35mm DSLR with your own mount body and lenses :)
Especially if your business still primarily come from other things other than the DSLR camera :)

ps. CLS is not mandatory, but studio photographers, wedding, portrait/fashion photographers, as well as many others depend a lot on it :)

Last edited:
This is just my own gut feel, others may not feel the same:

If Fuji were to introduce their own body and lenses, I will definitely consider it more seriously then I do now. The way that things are now, Fuji cameras are just like 2nd cousins to the N bodies. Except for the DR, I have not consider any of their other capabilities. I think Kodak took this route of buying N bodies as well and they too have died.

This is just my own gut feel, others may not feel the same:

If Fuji were to introduce their own body and lenses, I will definitely consider it more seriously then I do now. The way that things are now, Fuji cameras are just like 2nd cousins to the N bodies. Except for the DR, I have not consider any of their other capabilities. I think Kodak took this route of buying N bodies as well and they too have died.

Well said.

Well said.

I made my transition from film to digital with a Fuji. You can say that I lost my digital virginity to them :D Therefore I am quite partial towards them and would like to see them do well :)

Me too. Previously, I was using Nikon F90X for more than 10 years before I bought the S5 Pro, my first DSLR, a few months ago. Nothing beats its colour reproduction except for high end C and N cameras IMHO. No regret for the small price I paid.

Me too. Previously, I was using Nikon F90X for more than 10 years before I bought the S5 Pro, my first DSLR, a few months ago. Nothing beats its colour reproduction except for high end C and N cameras IMHO. No regret for the small price I paid.

the s5pro wasn't cheap when it was first launch. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.