RSAF Open House 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah, so really is restricted to 150 only ah?

I went in with my 18-200mm.
Im quite sure it isnt a problem. Maybe the f2.8 made the lens look bigger than they really are???

hmm....i went today and they need to safekeep my 70-300mm.....and when i quote the website they said it's not 500mm but only up to 150mm....:(

Because they also reading CS & this thread..
People talking using 300mm or 400m , below 500mm right? but with 2X TC,
that is 600 or 800mm liao..
So they reduce to 150mm liao..why? Why not 200mm & is 150mm?
Beause for standard, 200mm lens x 1.5X crop X 2X TC = 600mm
150mm lens X 1.5X crop X 2X = 450mm..:bsmilie:
So max on 150mm allow.. ha ah ha...:p

i went there at about 1550hours just about 10minutes before they close,
the person who check my bag was very relax. didn't really check me carefully.
he asked if my lens was more than 1200mm.

errrrm? I thought the event supposed to be Tomorrow (sat & sun). today i supposed it's those invited people only.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh08/index.html

Security Advisory
For the safety of all visitors, security checks will be conducted at the entrance to Open House 2008. In order to facilitate entry into the event, please observe the following security advisory:

* Not to carry any sharp objects such as knives, paper cutters, etc.
* Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are 500mm and beyond are prohibited.

can someone really confirm the lens which we can bring to the show?

cos i am brining a 70-200 F4 IS and it is a white lens... haiz.. think should gaffer the lens black or camo it.. haha

can someone really confirm the lens which we can bring to the show?

cos i am brining a 70-200 F4 IS and it is a white lens... haiz.. think should gaffer the lens black or camo it.. haha

No need to gaffer, juz hide in ur pants ;p
Seriously 70-200 shouldn`t be a problem at all :)

2 things that discourage me to go:
1 Limit on the long lens
2 Expected bad weather.

I guess I will skip this. Unless there is some confirmation on this long lens issue and the weather turned out to be better, like yesterday afternoon.

let hope so ..me bringing 80-200 , if really cannot bring in then will wait at the guard room to see show ...sure alot of auguement going on ...maybe take some candid pic ...hahahahaha...joking lah

the weather look bad:bigeyes:

Weather forecast from NEA.

3 Day Outlook

The information below is updated twice daily at 5 am and 6 pm (2100 UTC and 1000 UTC respectively)

Issued on 29 Aug 2008

Saturday 32/24 C Afternoon showers with thunder.
Sunday 31/24 C Late morning and early afternoon showers with thunder.

http://app.nea.gov.sg/data/mss/docs/3dayotlk.htm

Last edited:
Just came back from ICT (1 last one more to go woohoos!), Sembawang Airbase. Very knnb wet weather since last week (exercise area also kena flooded like nobody's biz). The weather outlook reports more optimistic than it is on the ground (I have been eyeing the nea website for 2 weeks!) lar....unless you can tahan sort of light drizzle for a couple of hours type. LOL!

CH-47, AH-64 see until sian.

You will need to be there at 0800 latest, else the queue really forms + airport road will jam like crazy. Else you can spend 2-4hrs+ queueing for carpark, shuttle bus, SBS bus, and then at the main entrance. Beyond 0900hrs, taking cab to just outside airport road and walking about 1km to the entrance is the fastest.

By the time you see the !@%!@# queue and wanna abort/turn back, too late and too bad, cannot even return coz you will be stuck in the bus/car/cab. Sayonara.

Last edited:
They scan my bag. but they never ask me to open it up to show them what is inside. neither did they ask me what lenses i'm bringing in.:dunno:
But i notice one thing. those primary school kids need not put their bags through the metal detactor. they merely "scan" their bags with naked eyes. so maybe you can hide big lenses inside your kids bag.;p

Hmm so issit advisable to bring 200mm rather than 55mm? Using Nikon D60.

Status
Not open for further replies.