RSAF Open House 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather in Singapore is somewhat unpredictible recently. 150mm max? No point then to shoot aerial display. I hope they will not change 500mm at official website ;-)

I received an info sheet from RSAF that Lens must not be more than 150mm. :eek:

Weather in Singapore is somewhat unpredictible recently. 150mm max? No point then to shoot aerial display. I hope they will not change 500mm at official website ;-)

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh08/info/security.html

Quote from the official site link above.

Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are 500mm and beyond are prohibited.

Last edited:
Today's ST has layout of the static display. No Gulfstream G550 (expected), but have multiples of 'hot' aircraft like F-5, F-16 & Apaches so people won't have to crowd around just one example trying to take photos. There's also a Black Knight F-16 on display.

Heritage section has Hunter, Skyhawk & UH-1H on display. It'll be great if the Hunter & Skyhawk can flypast with an F-5 & F-16. I know, unlikely. :cry:

Article also confirm lenses below 500mm are allowed. I hope most people will go to Suntec for the Comex Show instead of this open house! j/k :bsmilie:

Hi

Regards to zoom/telephoto lens limits. It stated in infor;

Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are 500mm and beyond are prohibited

Have fun shooting

Weather forecast from NEA.

The information below is updated twice daily at 5 am and 6 pm (2100 UTC and 1000 UTC respectively)
Issued on 28 Aug 2008

Saturday 32/25 C Afternoon showers with thunder.

Sunday 31/25 C Late morning and early afternoon showers with thunder.

http://app.nea.gov.sg/data/mss/docs/3dayotlk.htm

Am going for the Sat morning 10am flying display.. pray that weather good..:sweat:

So I wonder if the Bigma is in or out...:bsmilie:
Well it is better than the last open house, they only allowed lenses up to 300mm.

So see you guys there Sat morning!

me going to the sat mrning slot :)...hope the weather is good...see you guys there:D

hmm....i went today and they need to safekeep my 70-300mm.....and when i quote the website they said it's not 500mm but only up to 150mm....:(

maybe they have different restriction for weekdays and weekends?

hm...yea maybe or they dun like my face :(

cos when i reach there, all the security personal is super free...with no one to check only me hahaa

I was there with my tripod
Tripod's no issue there.

Though the website quoted telezoom lenses 500mm and beyond are disallowed, the real limit is 150mm.
They claim it's an "honest mistake" on their website and the security personnel promised to revert back to his OC regarding this matter. Whether he will or not, or action will be taken or not, I do not know. :dunno:

They will have a lot of angry people over the weekend when they find out that their cameras need to be safe kept as the info on their website's wrong. :sweat:

Completely disappointed :-( In such case it's no point to go there for me...

For crying out loud, another "honest mistake".

That 500mm lens limit information is on that website for ages, ever since I posted it here.
Now, it is a "honest mistake". :dunno:

Geez! I can see the disappointment of those want to shoot the aerial displays.

500mm_limits.jpg

The above web page was last modified on Thursday 31,July,2008 11:13:20 AM SGT
at the time of this posting.

Last edited:
BTW, the hot air balloon rides and the aircraft joyrides (CH47, F50 and C130) are based on lucky draws as well (unless got lobang). :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.