Review : a VERY Panoramic 24x108mm homemade camera

szeping

Jan 13, 2008
www.szeping.com
Though this thread offers me a lot of new terms (I entered straight into digital world), I'm VERY impressed with the output and the effort behind. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now I have learned sth new... Thanks for sharing!

hmm... i ve got a couple of spoilt gsns myself.. did you have to recalibrate the film advcance so it ll advance the whole frame at a time or do you have to cranks twice?

wonderful idea btw. just a week or so ago i saw something like this on ebay but made with 1 Zeiss Ikons (new ones) but used to shoot 3d. im a big fan of adapting and DIY, but this is a whole new level. great work!! :thumbsup:

e905591s

Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
hmm... i ve got a couple of spoilt gsns myself.. did you have to recalibrate the film advcance so it ll advance the whole frame at a time or do you have to cranks twice?

wonderful idea btw. just a week or so ago i saw something like this on ebay but made with 1 Zeiss Ikons (new ones) but used to shoot 3d. im a big fan of adapting and DIY, but this is a whole new level. great work!! :thumbsup:
I did disable the single frame winding lock of the GSN so that I can wind 3 frames continuously to get the 100mm width. No recalibration is needed on the frame counter/winding mechanism though because I am winding 3 whole 35mm frames per shot. The frame counter goes from 1->4->7->10 and so on.......

I did disable the single frame winding lock of the GSN so that I can wind 3 frames continuously to get the 100mm width. No recalibration is needed on the frame counter/winding mechanism though because I am winding 3 whole 35mm frames per shot. The frame counter goes from 1->4->7->10 and so on.......
wow! just realised you put 3 of them together.. nicely done!

macbart

Sep 30, 2010
:thumbsup: Wow! awesome stuff, e905591s! Not only is what you envisioned and then created incredible, the images your ypan shoots look amazing too! If I were wearing a hat, I'd take it off to you.

jopel

Dec 21, 2004
impressive piece of works. :thumbsup:

e905591s

Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
This is so awesome!
You added a bubble level too, nice :)
Ironically, the bubble level is about the only item not sourced locally... haha. It was a last minute purchase at a hardware store in Christchurch and the excess plastic bits of the original contractor bubble level will "sawn" off using the cutlery knife taken from the campervan kitchen. I guess the bright orange/red bubble level kind of liven up the otherwise boring black/silver camera.

e905591s

Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
Some interpretations of YPAN in local context

Temple roof, plastic flower and blue sky

White window, red lantern and blue sky

Red temple door

Deyeno

Jan 22, 2009
Singapore
Excellent piece of engineering, and know how.

Love the pictures. I have been to this area, and the colors and depth make it even more breathtaking.

Would love to see some more of your New Zealand pictures.

Cheers ....

:thumbsup:

lkkang

Jan 6, 2007
Punggol 21
hi e905591s,
you can consider to use center filter to get rid of the vignetting. :)

lovely shots :thumbsup:
Billy

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
Small Island
Bro, wonder if can take a photo of the inside of YPan and show us. I can imagine how the inside is like, but prefer to take a look at the joining. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom