Review : a VERY Panoramic 24x108mm homemade camera

Though this thread offers me a lot of new terms (I entered straight into digital world), I'm VERY impressed with the output and the effort behind. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now I have learned sth new... Thanks for sharing!

5226436946_057cc2b4e2_b.jpg
Wow. Really, WOW. :D

hmm... i ve got a couple of spoilt gsns myself.. did you have to recalibrate the film advcance so it ll advance the whole frame at a time or do you have to cranks twice?

wonderful idea btw. just a week or so ago i saw something like this on ebay but made with 1 Zeiss Ikons (new ones) but used to shoot 3d. im a big fan of adapting and DIY, but this is a whole new level. great work!! :thumbsup:

hmm... i ve got a couple of spoilt gsns myself.. did you have to recalibrate the film advcance so it ll advance the whole frame at a time or do you have to cranks twice?

wonderful idea btw. just a week or so ago i saw something like this on ebay but made with 1 Zeiss Ikons (new ones) but used to shoot 3d. im a big fan of adapting and DIY, but this is a whole new level. great work!! :thumbsup:

I did disable the single frame winding lock of the GSN so that I can wind 3 frames continuously to get the 100mm width. No recalibration is needed on the frame counter/winding mechanism though because I am winding 3 whole 35mm frames per shot. The frame counter goes from 1->4->7->10 and so on.......

I did disable the single frame winding lock of the GSN so that I can wind 3 frames continuously to get the 100mm width. No recalibration is needed on the frame counter/winding mechanism though because I am winding 3 whole 35mm frames per shot. The frame counter goes from 1->4->7->10 and so on.......

wow! just realised you put 3 of them together.. nicely done!

salute :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

impressive....show us more thank you :cool:

impressive !!!
do show more pic from CB7.

:thumbsup: Wow! awesome stuff, e905591s! Not only is what you envisioned and then created incredible, the images your ypan shoots look amazing too! If I were wearing a hat, I'd take it off to you.

impressive piece of works. :thumbsup:

This is so awesome!
You added a bubble level too, nice :)

Ironically, the bubble level is about the only item not sourced locally... haha. It was a last minute purchase at a hardware store in Christchurch and the excess plastic bits of the original contractor bubble level will "sawn" off using the cutlery knife taken from the campervan kitchen. I guess the bright orange/red bubble level kind of liven up the otherwise boring black/silver camera.

Wow wow wow!

Some interpretations of YPAN in local context

Temple roof, plastic flower and blue sky
5229013416_54fcfc4808_b.jpg

White window, red lantern and blue sky
5228419129_f2158c2687_b.jpg

Red temple door
5229013486_c0b1508c93_b.jpg

Excellent piece of engineering, and know how.

Love the pictures. I have been to this area, and the colors and depth make it even more breathtaking.

Would love to see some more of your New Zealand pictures.

Cheers ....

:thumbsup:

hi e905591s,
you can consider to use center filter to get rid of the vignetting. :)

lovely shots :thumbsup:
Billy

Bro, wonder if can take a photo of the inside of YPan and show us. I can imagine how the inside is like, but prefer to take a look at the joining. Thanks in advance.