Reselling item with fake info

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 'ethically' incorrect. However, 'ethics' are not 'laws'.

So basically, you know it, but you can't do anything about it.

There are too many such cases in this online trading 'world'. I guess we can only live with it bah.

the other thing is of course you have yourself to blame for selling the lens at his low ball price (which you are aware of) and hence giving him the opportunity to resell it at market price to profit from this transaction.

you may not agree on the info he has provided and claim it is fake but that is subjective and there are many shades of grey when it comes to assessing the condition of a lens.

I don't think it is ethical for you to discredit him like this in public. in any case, a buyer should always ask for purchase receipt to ascertain the date.

As I mentioned. I am okay to let it go at $350. Since the lens is out of warranty, I thought it was a good price. The 2nd generation of the lens is going for $500 here, it seem to be a reasonable price to sell.

As for me not being ethical to discredit him....... I have not mentioned who this guy is.... Unlike other thread TS who mention contact no., user id and even real name, I think I am doing it mildly.

Once again, I do not think an old lens can be considered as 10-"Description: Very carefully used. Only very light user marks. Without close inspection, item would pass for mint."

The lens definately is good, however there are user marks and surely will not pass for mint.

Anyway, that guy is selling a lot more items here. Just posted about 5 to 6 items at a go. Nothing wrong being a trader... just hope that you guys really get your money worth and not "married to a 90 yrs old that look like a 30+"

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

It's 'ethically' incorrect. However, 'ethics' are not 'laws'.

So basically, you know it, but you can't do anything about it.

There are too many such cases in this online trading 'world'. I guess we can only live with it bah.

Agree...... only one statement: Ethic one kilo how much huh?

ts - can you provide the lens code so that we can confirm it is the same lens he is selling?

sometimes a person can, for whatever reasons buy the same lens and sell his current lens. for example, i used to have 2 zeiss 28mm lens - one which is slightly beat up for shooting and the mint one for collecting. so i decided to stop collecting and sell off my mint lens. this could very well be the case the seller is doing.

i am not so sure if you should jump to conclusions and cast aspersions on the seller without verifying it is the same lens he bought from you.

Agreed:thumbsup:
As other Csers have pointed out, its a willing seller and willing buyer situation. Once you sold off the lens at the price as agreed, it's up to the buyer what he wants to do with it, or sell it off if he doesn't like it - it's called trading. If the next buyer of the lens willingly bought it from him at a higher price than what you sold to him, so be it, as buyers have a duty to check the lens before parting with their money. So why be so unhappy about it - its not that he cheated you or anything - you are the one that is willing to accept his money for your lens. Maybe he's a better seller than you, that's all.

Agreed:thumbsup:
As other Csers have pointed out, its a willing seller and willing buyer situation. Once you sold off the lens at the price as agreed, it's up to the buyer what he wants to do with it, or sell it off if he doesn't like it - it's called trading. If the next buyer of the lens willingly bought it from him at a higher price than what you sold to him, so be it, as buyers have a duty to check the lens before parting with their money. So why be so unhappy about it - its not that he cheated you or anything - you are the one that is willing to accept his money for your lens. Maybe he's a better seller than you, that's all.

Aiyo...... start reading from the top....

I am happy I sold the lens. If he can sell higher, good for him.... No hard feeling from me. I am just warning about unethical trader who passed off old item as newer than it is.

I only hope those who buy from the "better seller" don't end up fuming mad after realising it is an older lens.

Once more, I am glad I sold the lens at a price I felt reasonable even after low balling. I never mentioned not to low ball me in the selling thread.

Me not cheated..... me glad.... those buying from him? May not be so glad :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I buy a lot of used stuff, some more than 10 years old but are absolutely mint. I guess it does not matters that much about 1 or 3 years. The concern is whether there is warranty left or not. If no warranty, a 3 year old mint lens may be in a better condition than a 1 year old "abused" lens. Whether ethical or not, let it pass. The lens is already out of your hands, you have to let it go. Just like an ex-gf, whoever she marries will no longer be your concern, isn't it? :)

Why is it that when someone post about a deal, some people out there thinks the TS is unable to let it go? Sigh.... Anyway this thread has served its purpose.

Whoever out there buying from BnS, make sure you know what you are buying. Especially newbies, don't get so excited when you see a rare lens. It might not be what it turn out to be.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.