Reflective Brollies, Shoot Tru or Softbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot be that bad right? spend within your budget. having fun is more important. :bsmilie:

i foresee having fun while shooting with you...adjusting your brolly angles etc....:bsmilie:

I'm looking at reflective brollies now... so the bigger the better? silver, gold interiors?

i foresee having fun while shooting with you...adjusting your brolly angles etc....:bsmilie:

I'm looking at reflective brollies now... so the bigger the better? silver, gold interiors?

Silver, cos you can always gel the flash warmer if you want warmer light.. Unless you're pretty sure you always want warm light from your umbrella..

Silver, cos you can always gel the flash warmer if you want warmer light.. Unless you're pretty sure you always want warm light from your umbrella..

:thumbsup:

last ques: does size matters?

bigger is not better if your flash is a speedlight. the colors depend on what u want. more contrast, warmer light?

:thumbsup:

last ques: does size matters?

Yup, size affects the softness of the light. The bigger the softer, but as catchlights has mentioned any gust of wind and it'll fly.. ;)

bigger is not better if your flash is a speedlight. the colors depend on what u want. more contrast, warmer light?

Yup, size affects the softness of the light. The bigger the softer, but as catchlights has mentioned any gust of wind and it'll fly..

Now i got these 2 replies all confused. the bigger softlighter that i was using in that pictures uses 2 SB800. i don't think a single SB800 would do the softlighter a favor at all~~

girls will say no but we know better. :bsmilie:

Yours must be 60".

I mean brolly.

:bsmilie:

u mean the thickness? yes ...

the shaft. :D

wahlao ehh!!! all you uncles here teaching me wat harrrr? :devil:
my mind skewed away from the topic just now....

bui tahan arrr!!!

anyway, thanks for the replies guys! topic still open though... i haven't been given any infractions due to any explicit intentions in topic.. :sweat:

Now i got these 2 replies all confused. the bigger softlighter that i was using in that pictures uses 2 SB800. i don't think a single SB800 would do the softlighter a favor at all~~

what i meant was if u using 1 speedlight, it may not be enough to fill a big umbrella. so no point buying 1 that is too big for your light source. 2 of course will give u a bigger surface and light up a bigger area.

what j-chan means is something else. a bigger light source will give a softer light to a smaller light source. thats abt it.

oh yeah. i think yappy n me are younger than u. :D

that's right, bigger the light source, softer the light will be. but can two SB800 deliver enough power to use on this big umbrella??

what i meant was if u using 1 speedlight, it may not be enough to fill a big umbrella. so no point buying 1 that is too big for your light source. 2 of course will give u a bigger surface and light up a bigger area.

what j-chan means is something else. a bigger light source will give a softer light to a smaller light source. thats abt it.

oh yeah. i think yappy n me are younger than u. :D

i get it now... thanks bros!

that's right, bigger the light source, softer the light will be. but can two SB800 deliver enough power to use on this big umbrella??

eh bro...can lah.. we were merely using 1/8 on each flash. not sure of the distance it can cover if we use 1/1 on both flash... :dunno:

eh bro...can lah.. we were merely using 1/8 on each flash. not sure of the distance it can cover if we use 1/1 on both flash... :dunno:

well, if you're shooting in bright daylight I don't think 1/8th power cuts it..:sweat:

choosing between a softbox and umbrella, A softbox is definitely better as it's more directional and controlled. With a reflective umbrella, you kinda get an uncontrolled spread of light.

choosing between a softbox and umbrella, A softbox is definitely better as it's more directional and controlled. With a reflective umbrella, you kinda get an uncontrolled spread of light.
Hey, you can try the Umbrella Softbox.... basically it is an umbrella, but with a diffuser covering it.
Also, you might have to think about Battery Pack instead of Speedlight if you really want to light up... :) :)

Hey, you can try the Umbrella Softbox.... basically it is an umbrella, but with a diffuser covering it.
Also, you might have to think about Battery Pack instead of Speedlight if you really want to light up... :) :)

i've been thinking about it actually.
if i use umbrellas, light falls off..
if i use softbox, more control but hassle to set up..

so if i...
hhmmm....idea idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.