Recommendations for Tri-pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh cos i oni got one kit lens leh...so not going to really increase it soon...hmm 1kg really that bad? what will happen if exceed the weight? legs will broken??

so keep the head level...so if the head is tilt not level the water bubble will go out ???

i really don'r know about whether the 1-kg tripod is safe enough support the cam plus kit lens.

Even if it can support them on the plane, if you tilt them to a "potrait positioning", there may be a strain on your system.

since you have already bought it, why not try it.

if no can do, you can always go back to the shop and change to a 'better' model ... provided you still have 'everything intact -- box, receipt, etc'

told you

Get a decent tripod and it will last you for a very long time. Imagine your 1K plus equipment on a cheap tripod give way and fall and damage your lens and camera it is not worth it.

the master has awaken

heed his advice

eh i oni got kit lens and one 55mm-200mm...so 1kg enough right??? **** i asked the man he said should be enough unless u want those big lens which i don't think got money to buy...so i thought getting a cheap and support what i have can le....hmm 1kg really that bad? what will happen if the weight exceed????

so if the head is not level so the water thingy will out of the circle or tilt right??

please advise...

chee kiang

eh i oni got kit lens and one 55mm-200mm...so 1kg enough right??? **** i asked the man he said should be enough unless u want those big lens which i don't think got money to buy...so i thought getting a cheap and support what i have can le....hmm 1kg really that bad? what will happen if the weight exceed????

so if the head is not level so the water thingy will out of the circle or tilt right??

please advise...

chee kiang
if your setup is 1kg, its best to get a tripod that can take twice the weight or at least something more, else when you upgrade to a slightly heavier lens, your tripod have to be upgraded as well

hor i see....okie okie....will try my tripod out first if really that bad then i will go change it...

**** i don't know that the tripod will give away...thought the most will bend or what...

thanks for the advice...will go try it out first...

chee kiang

oops try my new tripod...then i think hor i somehow break the grip...cos feel very loose...overall i tried to mount my camera with both lens i have still okie lah...

but don't how long it will last...think the grip wise should not be important right...cos still got the handle...hoho...sorry i am a very careless person...so my camera i will always be very careful....hope can last long...

then got a small problem...my remote control..is it in manual mode then can take picture? cos i switch to AF on the lens...then the remote control cannot use leh..but change to MF then i can use leh...

chee kiang

oops try my new tripod...then i think hor i somehow break the grip...cos feel very loose...overall i tried to mount my camera with both lens i have still okie lah...

but don't how long it will last...think the grip wise should not be important right...cos still got the handle...hoho...sorry i am a very careless person...so my camera i will always be very careful....hope can last long...

then got a small problem...my remote control..is it in manual mode then can take picture? cos i switch to AF on the lens...then the remote control cannot use leh..but change to MF then i can use leh...

chee kiang
thats because when u press the remote, your camera will try to AF before it snap, if it fails to focus on something, it will not work.

as for tripod, i think would be better if you can get a new one, doesn't have to be very expensive, a $150+/- tripod should be more than enough unless you getting anything heavier than a 70-200/f2.8 lens(1.5kg+/-). few of the model that are in this range are slik 330dx, 340dx, ppcp pro v2 tripod. :thumbsup:

hmm....$150 budget can get a slik or manfrotto? then got include ball head???

chee kiang

hmm....$150 budget can get a slik or manfrotto? then got include ball head???

chee kiang
nope if you want a decent one... the slik 330dx/340dx comes with a decent pan-tilt head tho at about $130+/-

Whatever you do, don't try to skimp by trying to buy the cheapest tripod that will just support the system you own that you can find.
I made this very mistake once and still regret having done that - I only used that tripod twice before the plastic broke apart

That's right. If you're spending thousands on a cam, why not that few hundred more (say $200 - $300) for a decent tripod? I'm using a 190PRO with 486RC2 - bout $200+. No regrets, although I was once like the TS - only willing to part with $100 or so for a tripod. But after the guys at the shop chat, chat with me a bit more, I was bought over by them.

Maybe TS can go down to a recommended shop to try, look look, see see. Talk to the shop's guys. A good enough place will not try to hard sell, or get you to buy expensive tripods...

Whatever you do, don't try to skimp by trying to buy the cheapest tripod that will just support the system you own that you can find.
I made this very mistake once and still regret having done that - I only used that tripod twice before the plastic broke apart

i would recommand a stable and gd Gitzo with a Gitzo central ball head. since u already have a semi pro body of D200. like wat some says, buy once can use for life. it actually save u lots of money if u think in long term.

just my 0.02c

That's right. If you're spending thousands on a cam, why not that few hundred more (say $200 - $300) for a decent tripod? I'm using a 190PRO with 486RC2 - bout $200+. No regrets, although I was once like the TS - only willing to part with $100 or so for a tripod. But after the guys at the shop chat, chat with me a bit more, I was bought over by them.

Maybe TS can go down to a recommended shop to try, look look, see see. Talk to the shop's guys. A good enough place will not try to hard sell, or get you to buy expensive tripods...

:thumbsup: TK Foto has many to try out.
Bought my legs & head there! ;p

i would recommand a stable and gd Gitzo with a Gitzo central ball head. since u already have a semi pro body of D200. like wat some says, buy once can use for life. it actually save u lots of money if u think in long term.

just my 0.02c

But there'll be people who just dun understand this theory. :dunno:
Now no $$$, can save up & buy at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.